Riggo#44

2020 Washington Nationals Thread ***WORLD SERIES CHAMPION***

Recommended Posts

With the time before the next series, the debates over who should start which game is going to be nuts.

 

Personally, I'd go Stras, Max, Sanchez, Corbin. That way if you need Corbin in 1 or 2,  he can come in. I guess they could with Sanchez too. But we haven't seen that I think.

 

Either way, Stras then Max IMO. Feeling like Davey might go with Max 1st still. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you had told me that last year or even 3 years ago that Dave Martinez was going to be the manager to lead this team to WS without a certain player who we'll call BH, I would've said that was crazy.  That said, here we are and how sweet it is and hopefully it will be sweeter after 4 more wins.

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stras' postseason record speaks for itself. He gets game 1.

 

Max immediately after that. You want to get your best guys out there early so they have the possibility of contributing in the pen late in the series. 

 

Who starts game 3 depends on how opposing lefties are hitting and their vulnerability to breaking balls. If lefties are hitting well, you've got to force their hand and start Corbin game 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Game 1 vs 2 means you’re probably available for an inning or two or three in game 7 vs probably not at all. I want Strasburg in game 1. 

 

I agree but i think Davey is thinking we have four legit starters and anibal would be the anchor for 1-2 and 6-7 as well as Max. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

 I want Strasburg in game 1. 


Great debate and either way works but I think I’m here.  
 

The Lion King has shown him the way now let the young lion make first kill and throw the bloody carcass at the King’s feet for him to eat in game 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:


Great debate and either way works but I think I’m here.  
 

The Lion King has shown him the way now let the young lion make first kill and throw the bloody carcass at the King’s feet for him to eat in game 2.


My biggest thing is Max’s tendency to occasionally allow HRs early in his appearances. Given he relies more heavily on fastballs than Strasburg, feel like he’s got a higher likelihood of giving up a crucial run late in game 7. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:


My biggest thing is Max’s tendency to occasionally allow HRs early in his appearances. Given he relies more heavily on fastballs than Strasburg, feel like he’s got a higher likelihood of giving up a crucial run late in game 7. 

 

 

Let's say Stras pitches in Game 6 and throws 100 pitches.  If the Nats need him for Game 7, they will use him for 1 or 2 batters if they have too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

 

 

Let's say Stras pitches in Game 6 and throws 100 pitches.  If the Nats need him for Game 7, they will use him for 1 or 2 batters if they have too. 


Same goes for Max. If Strasburg goes 100 pitches in game 5, before the travel day, he can possibly throw as many as 2-3 innings in a game 7. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:


Same goes for Max. If Strasburg goes 100 pitches in game 5, before the travel day, he can possibly throw as many as 2-3 innings in a game 7. 
 

 

So are you saying you want Max and Stras to be the starters for each of the road games??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s all be honest and I know you can’t guarantee you can even get to a game 7 because you can blink and be down 3 games to one but we definitely want Stras in a game 7 on good rest correct? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skinfan2k said:

 

So are you saying you want Max and Stras to be the starters for each of the road games??


Game 1: Strasburg

Game 2: Max

 

Game 3: Sanchez

Game 4: Corbin

Game 5: Strasburg 

 

Game 6: Max

Game 7: Sanchez (and all hands on deck)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to toss out a bizarre alternative to Stras or scherzer game 1.

 

1. Sanchez -10/22 away

2. Scherzer - 10/23 away

3. stras - 10/25 home

4. Corbin - 10/26 home

5. Sanchez - 10/27 home 

6. Scherzer - 10/29 away

7. Stras - 10/30 away

 

I think everybody would be on regular rest.  And that gives Stras a start at home.  And it sets up Scherz and Stras for games 6 and 7 if necessary.

 

bizarre, I know.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

 

So are you saying you want Max and Stras to be the starters for each of the road games??

 

I want the 2 best pitchers to go ASAP to help win as many games as possible. I don't care if it's on the road. Yes, them at home would be great for the fans.... but just win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

 

I want the 2 best pitchers to go ASAP to help win as many games as possible. I don't care if it's on the road. Yes, them at home would be great for the fans.... but just win. 


Yes, this. You pitch them as early as you can to set them up for as many innings as possible in the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going to toss out a bizarre alternative to Stras or scherzer game 1.

 

1. Sanchez -10/22 away

2. Scherzer - 10/23 away

3. stras - 10/25 home

4. Corbin - 10/26 home

5. Sanchez - 10/27 home 

6. Scherzer - 10/29 away

7. Stras - 10/30 away

 

I think everybody would be on regular rest.  And that gives Stras a start at home.  And it sets up Scherz and Stras for games 6 and 7 if necessary.

 

bizarre, I know.  

 

 

To be honest this makes a lot of sense, we are on the same page here.  I like how that lines up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we all at least agree, that this debate between starting Max and Stras is one of the best problems a team could have?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

 

i dont do reality television, but i would most definitely watch a series on Mr. & Mrs Doolittle

 

I saw that tweet and respond.  Who the **** does she think she is?  Do you have to live in DC proper to be a fan of DC teams?  How idiotic 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The day before baby shark. 10 GB. And believe it or not, we won the NLCS at 11:08 PM... same time we won the Stanley Cup...11:08 PM

 

EG7-An-D6-Wk-AAUdqe-516-x-275.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any other avenues too purchase World Series tickets other than buying them on a third party website? I've already looked and found some sites like StubHub, vivid seats, and SeatGeek, but tickets (oh my*) tickets are pricey! Cheapest I've seen was 500, However, it something I expected though.  I know during the season you can buy directly at the team's website and such but haven't found the link.  I was given the assignment from my dad and he wants to go, and pretty much this is the first time I am attempting topo buy postseason tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.