Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man Scherzer is going to be insane when he retires. Can easily see him low key threatening neighbors into an innocent game of catch, or running the lawnmower, and setting up, mimicking a strikeout and stalking the fescue.  Complete madman.

I love that guy.

Imagine him being the umpire for his kid's little league games and getting into it with parents :ols:

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Forehead said:

Man, between the Caps two seasons ago, the Mystics, and this team actually coming through in the playoffs...I'm not used to DC teams who don't rip out my heart.

You should see the text messages in the whatsapp group chat with my buddies.  Even after we score runs and win games, we are still expecting the worse.  Now the talk is "well now it's going to hurt even more when the cards win 4 in a row" lol.  It's almost tongue in cheek at this point, but I mean it's literally all we have known in DC sports.  We are not used to this at all.  And it's not going to feel normal overnight.

On another note, tonight is going to be HYPE AS ****!!!  I plan on leaving Rockville at 5pm and goin to meet some buddies at The Big Stick pregame and hopefully head in around 7:15 or so.  I definitely want to be in my seat well before it starts.

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Took 30 minutes to exit the stadium. Bullpen is packed. Glory. 

People keep chanting “one more win.”  5 more wins people. 

I am a bit concerned about having to rush to the Metro tonight to be able to make it home.  I heard for the NLDS they were only staying open 20 minutes later. 

If it takes 30 minutes to get out, that could pose a problem lol.

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

image.png.191dafe309c7fc820f721e2362ecf6bb.png

I'm sorry I don't do twitter, but would someone mind posting the following for Boz?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1387262-will-nationals-be-under-the-curse-of-the-strasburg-shutdown-for-years

Rizzo would not have been so condescending when he shut down Strasburg and act like the team would automatically have such similar great seasons for years to come. He would not have thumbed his nose at the gifts the baseball gods bestowed upon his team this year.

Rizzo would not have thumbed his nose at an unwritten rule in sports: When you have a shot at the title, you do everything you can to go for it. You play with pain. You play with a bloody sock.

You might never get this shot again.

Rizzo, in effect, said, "No, thanks. We don't need our franchise pitcher in the playoffs. In fact, we are so good that we can disrupt the team's chemistry and routine a couple weeks before the playoffs and still win it all."

Took all of 1 minute on google Feinstein....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Great win last night.  The atmosphere was amazing.  That said, this series is far from over.  STL is going to pull out all the stops tonight with their backs against the wall.  This series isn't over until somebody gets 4 wins.  Ask the '04 Yankees.  Here's hoping the Nats can close it out tonight

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

One thing I've noticed from the games....not a lot of visiting team fans attending. I was expecting the Cards fans to try and show up in large numbers like they do during the regular season

Agreed.  I was at the game and there was only a smattering of Cards fans.  Very different from the regular season.  

• Like 2

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Agreed.  I was at the game and there was only a smattering of Cards fans.  Very different from the regular season.  

I mean how many people transplant from St Louis to DC? Probably way fewer than most cities on the east coast, particularly the northeast. One big reason to hope we get the Astros instead of the Yankees. There will be f-tons of Yankees fans competing for WS tickets.