Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

These guys are better than us.  The only way we're going to win this series is if Strasburg goes on a mission for us in games 2 and 5 and somebody gives us some heroics at the plate.

You can't build your team around pitching and then walk seven guys. Just can't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinswillwin06 said:

My god you guys are absurdly negative and that's coming from someone who is about as negative as it gets. Everyone calm down. The Nats got blanked in Game 1 in 2017 at home and still forced a game 5.

I hear ya.. this series is far from over. It's just extremely frustrating when it's literally the same story in every Nats postseason they've been in (bats go ice cold when we know we're capable of scoring)

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

I hear ya.. this series is far from over. It's just extremely frustrating when it's literally the same story in every Nats postseason they've been in (bats go ice cold when we know we're capable of scoring)

Again, the Nats outscored the Dodgers in 2016, and the Cubs in 2017. This is a false narrative.

5 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

My god you guys are absurdly negative and that's coming from someone who is about as negative as it gets. Everyone calm down. The Nats got blanked in Game 1 in 2017 at home and still forced a game 5.

The frustration stems from how predictable and avoidable these issues are. It's one thing to be outplayed, it's another to just not show up to play at all, players and manger together.

Stras, Zim, Soto, and occasionally Tony are the only guys who've shown up to play in the post season so far.

Edited by HailSkins90