Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When do we start tinkering with the rotation to line up Scherz to pitch the Wild Card game on regular rest?

I don’t think we need to change anything until the last day of the season, which is lined up to be a Scherzer start. So he’d just skip game 162 and throw in the WC game two days later instead. 

Right now he should face the Braves in each series we have left against them. 

• Like 2

Also occurs to me that it's possible Scherzer won't be our best option for the WC game...lot of season left for him to re-ramp obviously.

But if it's the Cubs, Strasburg has had their number for awhile and Corbin matches up well against their lefties. As it stands today, Scherzer would be on 2 extra days rest for the WC game, Stras on one extra days rest, and Corbin on regular rest. So if you start Scherzer you have two effective fallback options if he doesn't have it. If Scherzer isn't sharp in the last two weeks of the reason, you could choose to start Strasburg instead.

Heck you could even start Strasburg against the Cubs, have him go 4-5 innings, and have Corbin come in for 4-5 as well. Then line up your NDLS rotation as Scherzer, Sanchez, Strasburg, Corbin, Scherzer (or flip to Corbin-Stras depending on who throws more pitches in the WC game). And I've just talked myself into thinking Stras + Corbin would be better options against the Cubs than Scherzer, even if he's fully ramped back up. 

11 hours ago, Bacon said:

Doolittle looks like what would happen if two sentient frat houses had a baby, but yes, he's really damn sharp. 

Some teens came up to him and his wife on the DC Metro and said he looks like Seth Rogen.  His wife could not stop laughing.

(Pretty observant kids...)

448281.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu8xS_6Rc2-aBneoUvtQ5

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 1