Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

At the end of the day, the only way for the Nats to catch the braves is to basically sweep them head to head.  

Thats probably not going to happen.  

It looks more and more like they’ll be in (and probably hosting) the wild card game. 

Which would be pretty damn exciting...

I really want to finish above Philly, just for ****s and giggles

A wildcard win at Nats Park with Max on the mound would give enormous confidence to this team going into the playoffs. The Giants had a similar circumstance in their 2014 championship run. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its gonna be Phillies @ Nats in the Wild Card game. Nats up 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs man on 2nd, Harper up to bat...and Doolittle will strike him out.

Bump this post in ~1.5 months.

Dear Baseball Gods,

Please forgive us and accept this fatted calf as a burnt offering for any undue hubris. We are your humble servants,

In Scherzer's name.

K-men.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

With Voth rehabbing and Scherzer back soon we've got two extra rotation pitchers that have pitched well at times this year. I think Ross has earned the 5th starter slot for now. Any thoughts on potentially giving Voth a shot in the bullpen? I'd probably want to keep Fedde stretched out in the minors in case Ross starts struggling or there is an injury. 

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its gonna be Phillies @ Nats in the Wild Card game. Nats up 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs man on 2nd, Harper up to bat...and Doolittle will strike him out.

Bump this post in ~1.5 months.

I swear to God if Harper walks us off in the wild card game I am going to track you down and drive however far it is to where you are so I can slap you in the face for this post. 

• Haha 1