Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Stras plays somewhat in the shadow of Max, (which I think he is fine with) but he has to be in the Cy Young conversation at this point, right?

with Scherzer down, it probably goes to Ryu, but i feel comfortable matching Stras up with anybody in the league right now

we really don't need a starting pitcher for the postseason. It's basically someone from the next few weeks.  Sanchez is not going to start in round 1 if we get there.  He would be the long man if needed.  We need middle relief to help Suero and Rodney.  

How's it work for call-ups not for injuries? Can we keep bringing in guys from AA and AAA up here and see which one sticks?  This guy who pitched in the 9th will be DFA soon.

51 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

we really don't need a starting pitcher for the postseason. It's basically someone from the next few weeks.  Sanchez is not going to start in round 1 if we get there.  He would be the long man if needed.  We need middle relief to help Suero and Rodney.  

How's it work for call-ups not for injuries? Can we keep bringing in guys from AA and AAA up here and see which one sticks?  This guy who pitched in the 9th will be DFA soon.

Getting a reliable starter is insurance in case Max's back decides to not work right again. Back injuries are notoriously unpredictable, i dont want to have to run the combo of Grace/whoever as we try to hold on to the wildcard spot

Interesting by-low option I heard on MLB Tonight: Aaron Sanchez, but not as a starter. Put him in the bullpen. Look at these splits:

1st inning: 2.05 ERA, .570 OPS against

1st time through the order: .675 OPS aganist

1st PA against: .614 OPS against.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Interesting by-low option I heard on MLB Tonight: Aaron Sanchez, but not as a starter. Put him in the bullpen. Look at these splits:

1st inning: 2.05 ERA, .570 OPS against

1st time through the order: .675 OPS aganist

1st PA against: .614 OPS against.

Could be a nice long relief option to pair with Fedde. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Getting a reliable starter is insurance in case Max's back decides to not work right again. Back injuries are notoriously unpredictable, i dont want to have to run the combo of Grace/whoever as we try to hold on to the wildcard spot

I can't imagine we'll get anywhere without Max in postseason

Just now, bearrock said:

I can't imagine we'll get anywhere without Max in postseason

Muttering to myself, rocking back and forth in a dark room:

"He'll be ok. It's nothing. He'll be ok. It's nothing. He'll be ok. It's nothing"

• Like 1