Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

52 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Get some tickets for that game, watch BP, and get some autographs. The players will just walk by and stop for any kid asking. Seriously. Did it once because I won a contest, met Max and saw BP on the field. Well worth it.

Yea, I'm going to do it.  

I also have batting practice tickets in August because my law firm participated in the Nat's Youth Academy charity tournament and kicked ass. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Goodness gracious. Since May 24th we've had series against:

Good Teams - Braves x2

Average Teams - Phillies x2 (though they've been downright bad since being hit by the injury bug), DBacks

Bad Teams - Marlins x3, Reds, Chisox x2, Padres, Tigers, Royals, Orioles

Yes, that is a cakewalk portion of the schedule. We've face FAR more bad teams than good...... MASN flashed the graphic just last night of our opponents winning % since the run started, and FP commented how the schedule has been in our favor.

No one is saying the sky is falling, winning baseball games is always fun. The starting pitching has put up incredible numbers during that span, and timely hitting has masked the troubles that this team had earlier in the year. The emergence of Rodney has given the bullpen some better depth, but there are still a lot of holes there. Jury is still out on Davey. It's pretty easy to manage when your starting pitcher goes 7 dominant innings and your offense has given you a fool proof lead.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Confused 1

should also be noted that we started turning a corner when our players were healthy. Trea came back, Rendon came back and we haven't really looked back since. The bullpen progressed to the mean from the historically bad that they were to start to the year. They're still abysmal, but its hard to think they can be "worst of all-time" bad for the entire season.

Edited by StillUnknown

Here's the thing about the about the Nats since I've been following them, typically they've either owned their division or someone takes their lunch money.  How many times we've seen them pad their lead with basically nothing but back to back series against their inferior division rivals only to get bounced in the first round? 

This is probably the best baseball theyve ever played, but it only matters if its October or November, where there is no more cakewalk anymore.  I am enjoying the ride and happy for them, but in my head they are Capitals-light and none of this really matters yet. 

We got the Dodgers coming up soon, I've seen us have to play them or someone else like the Cardinals late in the season and jus feel like we weren't ready, an omen I had to try and ignore.

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Davey REFUSES to walk Freeman. Like an idiot. Open base, keeps the force and DP in order, but no, pitch to the guy that is KILLING you with a guy in scoring position. 

I remember him doing the same thing last series against them. And Freeman killed us in that situation too.

This series got a lot harder with Scherzer hurt. Needed this one tonight. Expect we’re headed toward a L now... . If we lose tonight there is no chance we take 3 of 4. And tbh, there’s no real difference between a split and a lost series. The result is the same: we aren’t catching Atlanta. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215