Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Advanced issues found

47 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

You can’t throw away these opportunities to make up games by managing a win into a loss. Fedde faces 16 batters through 6 innings. The bullpen faced 16 in 1-1/3 inning. If a starter faces 16 batters through 6, you leave him in until he at least gets in trouble. 

While I agree that they pulled the starter too early. It was because you're playing an AL team and have a late flight before a 4 game division series. So, after the delay, I would have started mostly backups all over and rested the guys who I'd start the next game. The result of that one game while important is statistically less than the next game. That's a fact. 

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

You can’t throw away these opportunities to make up games by managing a win into a loss. Fedde faces 16 batters through 6 innings. The bullpen faced 16 in 1-1/3 inning. If a starter faces 16 batters through 6, you leave him in until he at least gets in trouble. Using Davey’s logic, Suero should have been hooked after throwing 4 pitches. Why doe the BP get a longer leash than a starter who is well rested? It’s moronic. Fedde said he was good to go and wanted to stay in the game. He was cruising. It was the latest in a LONG list of stupid decisions.  Davey is not worthy of being a big league manager. That was a AA move where management is dictated by club policy to protect young players or players on a rehab assignment. “Can’t let my 5th starter face a lineup for the 3rd time no matter how well he’s been pitching and how low his pitch count is.”  -Dummbledorf.  

I'm right there with you; I was the first one in the thread to break down how bad the move was, before Suero even screwed up. But I am also trying to find a silver lining. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

While I agree that they pulled the starter too early. It was because you're playing an AL team and have a late flight before a 4 game division series. So, after the delay, I would have started mostly backups all over and rested the guys who I'd start the next game. The result of that one game while important is statistically less than the next game. That's a fact. 

Fedde is the one guy in that game that should have been used until he was dead.  Everyone else is going to have to contribute in the next series.  If the goal is to make sure everyone is rested for ATL and the results of the game are less important, Fedde should have thrown 9 innings.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

At the very least you let Fedde start the 7th then let his performance dictate if you yank him. Seems simple enough, but i'm just a fan

Yeah that's where I am.

I will say in a somewhat limited defense of Davey, earlier this season Fedde would go 2x through the order effectively all the time and then get crushed the third time. Going to a rested Suero *should* have been fine, he's been good on 3 days rest this year. Then you go Rodney, then Doolittle. Game over. Sipp, Guerra, and Grace don't appear in this game if Suero puts up a clean inning. 

Also notable: we had a one run lead so Fedde didn't have any margin for error if the 3rd time through treated him like it's done *all year*. If we get more than 4 goddamn hits against the Os, Fedde has a 3-4 run lead and probably gets the 7th. Lack of offense was killer last night, and when you only score 2 runs every pitching decision made is magnified. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Welp they just showed Max throwing pregame. Tried to ramp it up and grimaced. Then shut it down for the day. Might not be ready in time to pitch in ATL.

At this point I'm just worried about this being something more serious or lingering.  Back issue is not something you want to hear about your mid thirties ace.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Reminds me of the rapid aging of our presidents from entering office to leaving. Stress is a ****. 

Right? My dude Obama was leader of the free world, had an entire political party take their ball and go home on him, and AND had two teenage daughters?  Dude looked like he passed the ACA for himself by time he left...

Barack-Obama-2008-Barack-Obama-2017-Getty-640x480.jpg

• Haha 2