Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

54 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

More frustrating that guys were swinging at pitch 1 from Arrieta knowing he's struggled. That should have be scouted better. Make him throw a ton more earlier. 

Yeah, that 5 pitch inning (4th?) was seriously frustrating to watch.  1st pitch hacking really cost us today.

• Like 1

I think it was the 8th inning where we had Kendrick on 3rd with 1 out and Eaton hit a dribbler back to the pitcher that got Kendrick out at home....it's situations like that we need to capitalize on. We had them on the ropes...their fans were booing the **** out of them....it was lining up to be another lovely day :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I think it was the 8th inning where we had Kendrick on 3rd with 1 out and Eaton hit a dribbler back to the pitcher that got Kendrick out at home....it's situations like that we need to capitalize on. We had them on the ropes...their fans were booing the **** out of them....it was lining up to be another lovely day :(

Yeah, that was bad execution, but the reliever they brought in had a .128 BAA vs. lefties. Or something like that.

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

It's one thing i hate about eaton. He has so many hits thru the infield.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27197034/tigers-calling-rosenthal-struggles

The Detroit Tigers selected the contract of right-handed reliever Trevor Rosenthal on Monday despite his struggles at Triple-A since signing with the team following his release by the Washington Nationals.

He had a 10.13 ERA in six appearances for Triple-A Toledo since signing a minor league contract with the Tigers, allowing eight hits (two homers) and six earned runs in 5 1/3 innings pitched. He struck out nine and walked six.

Image result for major league gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still don't get why he turned down the Dodger deal. IIRC it was similar if not more money per year and he got to play in the West Coast, closer to home and in a much better/friendlier city. Yeah its not 13 years guaranteed, but in 3 years he'll still very much be in his prime and can hit FA again.

As I predicted before, Harps will be traded before that contract is even half up.

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I still don't get why he turned down the Dodger deal. IIRC it was similar if not more money per year and he got to play in the West Coast, closer to home and in a much better/friendlier city. Yeah its not 13 years guaranteed, but in 3 years he'll still very much be in his prime and can hit FA again.

As I predicted before, Harps will be traded before that contract is even half up.

So he could say he signed the biggest deal ever.  For 2 weeks or however long that was true.  

Here is my dream lineup for tonight. I call it "More Rest Before Atl"

1. CF Eaton

2. LF Parra

3. 1B Adams

4. 3B Kendrick (That's right)

5. 2B Dozier

6. DH Zimmerman

7. RF. Robles

8. SS. Sanchez

9. C. Kieboom

Then full normal starters tomorrow with Zimm DH'ing again. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Say he signed the 3 yr $100m with the Dodgers and put together a few years like he's having now... what's he worth after that? 

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Here is my dream lineup for tonight. I call it "More Rest Before Atl"

1. CF Eaton

2. LF Parra

3. 1B Adams

4. 3B Kendrick (That's right)

5. 2B Dozier

6. DH Zimmerman

7. RF. Robles

8. 3B. Sanchez

9. C. Kieboom

Then full normal starters tomorrow with Zimm DH'ing again. 

That's a bold lineup, especially defensively playing without a SS.  Hopefully Davey doesn't go through with your lineup.

• Haha 4

I'd go with:

1.  Robles - CF

2.  Dozier - 2B

3.  Zimmerman - Power Forward

4.  Matt Adams - Outside linebacker

5.  Sean Doolittle - Driving the bullpen cart around the outfield

F.   Davey Martinez - Short outfield like in beer league softball

7.  Left empty as disrespect to the Orioles

Ocho. Scherzer's baby - P

• Thanks 2