Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Washington Nationals Thread ***WORLD SERIES CHAMPION***


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What do we have at 3rd base to realistically replace Rendon? This isn't like with Harper where we had young, exciting outfielders to soften the blow. 

 

We gots Kieboom in AAA at the moment....he's looked good in the majors

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kieboom ideally was going to play 2nd base next year.  Huge mistake to not resign Rendon but I'd imagine Kieboom takes over at 3rd without him.  Would then need the whole right side of the infield replaced  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

 

We gots Kieboom in AAA at the moment....he's looked good in the majors

 

For what, the one game he hit a HR? He looked lost at the plate and in the field most of the time. 

 

Totally willing to chalk that up to him being nervous hitting the bigs early in his career but I don't think we can go into 2020 with him being our Plan A at 2B or 3B. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Sam Fortier? He is a HS reporter who is a backup to the backup covering the Nats. He was a summer intern at the Post last year. He has about as much connection to the relationship between the Nats, Rendon, & his agent as I do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Sam Fortier? He is a HS reporter who is a backup to the backup covering the Nats. He was a summer intern at the Post last year. He has about as much connection to the relationship between the Nats, Rendon, & his agent as I do.

 

Jesse Dougherty wrote the article. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Jesse Dougherty wrote the article. 

Yes, and the article doesn't say what Sam Fortier implies it says. Jesse Dougherty said the same thing that has been said since they first presented an offer. There is literally no news there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Yes, and the article doesn't say what Sam Fortier implies it says. Jesse Dougherty said the same thing that has been said since they first presented an offer. There is literally no news there. 

 

There's "no news" (ie no progress) which is not great in July heading into your walk year. Nats gonna have to step up or he's gone. There's nothing misleading about the article or the tweet. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

 

For what, the one game he hit a HR? He looked lost at the plate and in the field most of the time. 

 

Totally willing to chalk that up to him being nervous hitting the bigs early in his career but I don't think we can go into 2020 with him being our Plan A at 2B or 3B. 

 

Ye of little faith...he's going to be fine. He's raking in AAA right now and had a grand slam the other day

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And anyone going to Rendon and asking him a question about himself is going to get an answer that seems bristly. Why? He HATES talking about himself. Watch all the Dan Kolko on-field interviews with him over the years. He doesn't like to be the center of attention. Now he has reporters peppering him with questions about his contract every chance they get. "You'll have to ask them" isn't a shot across the bow. It's a deflection to get the reporter off his back.

 

Most players of Rendon's stature would be telling their agent to book them on every show possible and to ramp up their public profile to garner more attention. Rendon just shows up and plays baseball. Every day. And not a single player has anything negative to say about him - even as an anonymous source...

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

 

Ye of little faith...he's going to be fine. He's raking in AAA right now and had a grand slam the other day

 

I’m still high on him as a prospect but the idea he looked good in his appearance this year is completely false. I also don’t think he should be rushed along. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

An infield of Rendon/Turner/Kieboom/FA Big Bat (JD Martinez is a potential FA in 2020 and Stanton is in 2021) would be great for the foreseeable future

 

 

Rendon-Turner-Kieboom-Soto

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Resigning Rendon is a must. It made sense to not resign Harper because he wanted way too much for being such an erratic player, but Rendon is the definition of consistent quality.

 

There will be a fan revolt if they do not re-sign him. The Lerners are playing with fire here for no reason.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think right now we're being proven right on not resigning Harper. Dude isn't even an All-Star this year. But letting Rendon go would definitely hurt our reputation around the league. You just don't let go of a homegrown star like that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...