Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

anybody know a good online store for legit nats jerseys? mlbshop is a little limited with both players and colors. i found "nationalsfanstore.com" had a lot more, but doesnt seem legit

Anyone you're looking for in particular?  Customized might be your best bet if it's not one of the popular players/colors (mlb and fanatic pretty much has the same stock).  Additional issue is that MLB is transitioning from Majestic to Nike, so Majestic doesn't have any incentive to make more jerseys beyond their existing inventory.

Also, try giving the team store a call to see if they have what you're looking for in stock.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Those Giant teams didn't have a Juan Soto or Victor Robles on the MLB Roster or have Carter Kieboom in the minors. When was the last time the Giants had a top-25 prospect?

Joey Bart currently. 

Davey not winning manager of the year is par for the course. Bochy didn't win it in any of the 3 seasons in 5 years they won a title...and it's not like they were expected to win those year either.

These awards are voted on regular season only and it's a shame cause many of them should probably be voted on post playoffs.

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Anyone you're looking for in particular?  Customized might be your best bet if it's not one of the popular players/colors (mlb and fanatic pretty much has the same stock).  Additional issue is that MLB is transitioning from Majestic to Nike, so Majestic doesn't have any incentive to make more jerseys beyond their existing inventory.

Also, try giving the team store a call to see if they have what you're looking for in stock.

Gotcha, makes sense. I was originally just wanting one with the WS Champs patch, but they only come in white for regular sizes. Which is fine I guess, but would be nice to have other options. And I think they only have like 2 or 3 players that have jerseys with the patch. I ended up with the white Max jersey. but then did a search for Doolittle, and didnt even see his name on mlbshop. So I guess you're right about doing the custom - just cant get the patch with that as far as i can tell

anyway, do you know when the transition is taking place? i might just wait till that happens since those nike jerserys will probably be nicer anyway

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

These awards are voted on regular season only and it's a shame cause many of them should probably be voted on post playoffs.

my issue is that if it really is just a regular season award, davey still had a better regular season (record) than 2 out of the 3 nominees..

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, -JB- said:

Cmon dude.  3 World Series wins in 5 years you don’t have anything to complain about. You guys had Bumgarner on the most team friendly contract in history and of course you sign Buster Posey long term deal.  That was a no brainer.  Rendon & Stras def don’t fall into the category of “never should have been rewarded.”  Either of these guys ever being a mistake signing would be say Rendon signing with the Rangers and then they toil in mediocrity for the next few years.  You just have to pay the right players.  Rendon & Stras fit what the Nationals have going on.  If they leave they leave, but I disagree that either would be a bad signing for the Nats.  I agreed that Harper had to go at the contract he was demanding.  That was a no brainer.  You just have to make conscious decisions.

I'd suspect history isn't on the side of locking up 29yo power hitters and 31yo power pitchers (especially with a history of arm trouble) to long term expensive contracts. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Gotcha, makes sense. I was originally just wanting one with the WS Champs patch, but they only come in white for regular sizes. Which is fine I guess, but would be nice to have other options. And I think they only have like 2 or 3 players that have jerseys with the patch. I ended up with the white Max jersey. but then did a search for Doolittle, and didnt even see his name on mlbshop. So I guess you're right about doing the custom - just cant get the patch with that as far as i can tell

anyway, do you know when the transition is taking place? i might just wait till that happens since those nike jerserys will probably be nicer anyway

It's this offseason, so they will start with the Nike next season.  You can also have the World Series Patch done by the custom lettering shops.  

They sell the patches separately

https://www.mlbshop.com/washington-nationals/washington-nationals-2019-world-series-champions-patch/t-47124592+p-5852110885894+z-9-750213552

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Joey Bart currently. 

Davey not winning manager of the year is par for the course. Bochy didn't win it in any of the 3 seasons in 5 years they won a title...and it's not like they were expected to win those year either.

They're starting to rebuild. Where is Tyler Beede ranked?

I am not too concerned about the MoY Award. Ever since Matt Williams won, it's been tainted.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

They're starting to rebuild. Where is Tyler Beede ranked?

I am not too concerned about the MoY Award. Ever since Matt Williams won, it's been tainted.

Beede isn't because he's on the 24 man roster. Top two are Joey Bart and Heliot Ramos in the Giants org. The Giants have gone through a fundamental shift away from trading top prospects for vets under the new GM...although a farm system that produced Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Buster Posey, Panda, and even Brandon Crawford must have been a little better than some thought. 

Hope I'm not wrong about Rendon since he seems like a good dude. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Honestly, if I had to bet on which of the two (or three if you include Harper) will age out a mega contract best, I think it's clearly Rendon.  He will likely provide above WAR value for the first 3-4 years, even out for 1-2, then dip below, but not terribly so by the end.  If Tony is willing to take 7 at 35 per, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Stras at 30 per for 6-7 years would be a bit worrisome, but there's no elite starting pitching without risk and he's shown that he doesn't need the topline heater anymore to be effective.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Honestly, if I had to bet on which of the two (or three if you include Harper) will age out a mega contract best, I think it's clearly Rendon.  He will likely provide above WAR value for the first 3-4 years, even out for 1-2, then dip below, but not terribly so by the end.  If Tony is willing to take 7 at 35 per, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Stras at 30 per for 6-7 years would be a bit worrisome, but there's no elite starting pitching without risk and he's shown that he doesn't need the topline heater anymore to be effective.

Strasburg in 5-6 years is Greinke... I think. 

I can’t think of a great comp for Rendon but I’m hoping he’s interested in 6yr at $35m ish. 

• Like 1

Rendon should age okay. He puts up power #s but I don't think of him as a "power" hitter, he's just got such a great natural swing and fantastic batting eye so he doesn't swing at bad pitches. Even in his decline years he'll still be in that 20 homer, .275 ish average range with lots of walks.

And I think Stras will age fine too. I mean he's roughly the same age Scherzer was when we signed him and look at how well he's done.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Rendon's still got some of the quickest hands of anyone in the majors, and is a disciplined hitter.

Age is more of a concern for true power hitters, because that's all they offer.

against all my protestations, the DH will be in the NL within 3 years, which should coincide with any Rendon slippage in the field. the DH means we will get more value for whatever we sign him to

• Like 1

Rendon will be fine as he ages. As long as his shoulder holds, he will be fine in the field. 3rd base is a flashy position but it doesn’t require that much range. It’s why ARod and Ripken played there late into their careers. (PEDs may have contributed to both also)

Mike Schmidt is another.

I would be way more worried about giving the money to Strasburg than Rendon but we have Scherzer as a good case.

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I would be way more worried about giving the money to Strasburg than Rendon but we have Scherzer as a good case.

Maybe before I would have agreed, but Stras is damn near surgical with the secondary pitches these days. He knows how to pitch, his breaking pitches will allow to him to have success even as his fastball drops

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thing is. The ENTIRE stadium didnt boo him. More people booed than not. But it was FAR from the entire stadium. 

please let it go

throw the ball

hit the ball

catch the ball

you know, baseball

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Anyone know when White Genocide Night at the ballpark is this year?

What is it with you and race exactly? NO ONE In this thread has mentioned race except YOU. First is was "**** you you rich white prick". Now this. And you liberal shave the gall to call Repubs racist? Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1