Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Those 3 were better in the regular season. Perhaps?

Davey had a better regular season than 2 of them.. had the best turnaround ever.. and many of his gambles in the postseason got us a WS trophy

Not to mention, it shouldn't say "of the year" if you're not including the whole year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant believe the pettiness of some people in here. Heres a tip for you. Not everyone agrees with everyone else OR YOU. That is what being free means. Get over yourselves.

Wait a minute.  You guys don't agree with everything I say?  What the **** guys?!?!?

57 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant believe the pettiness of some people in here. Heres a tip for you. Not everyone agrees with everyone else OR YOU. That is what being free means. Get over yourselves.

People didn't agree with Dubya. I don't recall massive amounts of players on title teams skipping from 2001-2009. A few here and there not for anything related to his rhetoric.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Trump is a line in the sand. I can tolerate going to the White House to stand on tradition and be with your teammates.

Thanking him for keeping us safe?

Go **** yourself, you rich white prick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Trump is a line in the sand. I can tolerate going to the White House to stand on tradition and be with your teammates.

Thanking him for keeping us safe?

Go **** yourself, you rich white prick.

Yes, yes, a 30 second non-descript response that could have been to any president completely undoes 15 years of charitable work in the community. Good call.

You're so virtuous. How can we be as pure as you? I mean you didn't decry Vazquez from the moment he was arrested, or Kang when he was allowed to play for the Pirates, so you must support sex with minors, DUIs, and domestic violence, right?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Moving on. Positive vibes only for the World Series Champs. Honestly, Davey getting snubbed pisses me off more than anything. MLB is cancelled for that

Nats fans are happy with it (now if one miserable Pirapes fan would stop ruining the fun because he's miserable, that'd be great)! I'm sure Davey is perfectly content with the award he's already received over the MoY.

JUst remember, Matt Williams won that award. Goes to show the evaluators abilities on that award.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I’m just going to say this and then I’m done.  This cancel culture is wack as ****.  Kurt Suzuki is canceled.  GTFOH.  The internet is so full of ****.  A bunch of phony, self serving weirdos, full of fake outrage having to pine in on absolutely any and everything.  Just STFU.  

I am disappointed in Kurt and to a lesser extent Zim in the same way that I was disappointed to hear that my parents voted for Trump. But I still love them. The reality is that not everyone is as politically active as I am and most are fairly apathetic in the grand scheme of things. Just because someone is a hero to me for their tenacity doesn't mean I have to value everything about them as a person. 

Furthermore, sports teams are not monoliths. They are composed of individuals with unique experiences who will inevitably differ on political matters. Focus on the positives (Doolittle!) or, if you're going to get upset about it, do something productive with that outrage. Instead of burning jerseys and whining on social media, write a letter to the team. Donate to a cause that you value. Just don't stay angry over something you can't control. 

• Like 6

So the numbers being floated for Stras and Rendon seems to be hovering at around 30 for Stras and 33-35 for Tony.  Considering that Nats have an opportunity to cement their stature in this town, I think the most important thing is to sustain this success. 

If you keep the core together, I think you get a lot of leeway (for example, the Caps got bounced in round 1, but the post championship euphoria gave them a pass to a large degree).  If you keep only one of the two, then the pressure is a bit higher.  If you lose both, well, you better not come back with a 140 mil payroll clawing for mid 80s win.

If you are Rizzo, how would you spend the money this off-season in that lens?  I still think paying 65 mil to Stras and Rendon and adding two bullpen arm makes a lot of sense.  Even if you have comparable success under various scenario, doing it with your championship heroes adds a different dimension in terms of revenue (can you imagine the Jersey sale alone for Tony and Stras if they re-sign?).  Also, one of the most important thing for the next few years will be avoiding dipping into the farm system for mid season bullpen help.  Our system is pretty thin right now.  So, put your GM hats on.  What are your moves this off season?

• Like 2

I'd say signing both to 30+ a year is a mistake (especially when you are already the oldest team in baseball).

Take that from a fan who saw his team win 3 titles in 5 years and reward players (to lesser but crippling contracts) who never should have been rewarded.

I'd bet in less than 3 seasons both will be a mistake signing for someone.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd say signing both to 30+ a year is a mistake (especially when you are already the oldest team in baseball).

Take that from a fan who saw his team win 3 titles in 5 years and reward players (to lesser but crippling contracts) who never should have been rewarded.

I'd bet in less than 3 seasons both will be a mistake signing for someone.

Cmon dude.  3 World Series wins in 5 years you don’t have anything to complain about. You guys had Bumgarner on the most team friendly contract in history and of course you sign Buster Posey long term deal.  That was a no brainer.  Rendon & Stras def don’t fall into the category of “never should have been rewarded.”  Either of these guys ever being a mistake signing would be say Rendon signing with the Rangers and then they toil in mediocrity for the next few years.  You just have to pay the right players.  Rendon & Stras fit what the Nationals have going on.  If they leave they leave, but I disagree that either would be a bad signing for the Nats.  I agreed that Harper had to go at the contract he was demanding.  That was a no brainer.  You just have to make conscious decisions.

I just love that the MLB is already back to whitewashing history and gaslighting baseball fans into believing we were never that good. Give all the awards to others and change the narrative to "Boy, that was a wacky 3 series run the Nationals went on. Anyway, back to the Braves and Phillies." As if we weren't playing 106 win baseball over a four month stretch before the postseason even started.