Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

When I first heard Zimm's quote my reaction was it was MAGA nonsense, but looking back it definitely was more neutral than anything so he's forgiven by me lol. I got nothing for Kurt though. 

Now, after having spent the last 30 minutes parsing Zimm's comments with my lawyer colleagues, we have decided that Zimm's comments were written by legal counsel and were carefully crafted to make Trump think he was saying nice things about him, but are actually perfectly neutral.  In fact, the phrase "and continuing to make America the greatest country to live in the world" could be interpreted as a sneaky jab at Trump.  

We got nothing for Kurt though.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You’re missing the point maybe?  Just because Doolittle has his reasons why he feels offended by things Trump has said, Suzuki equally has his feelings about what Trump stands for and chose to do what he did.  That’s just politics in a nutshell.  People are really acting surprised because it goes against their beliefs.  I can’t stand politics.  

nah this is beyond politics, more about who you are as a person. if Suzuki feels comfortable going up there in that hat, that tells me more about him as a man than anything he will ever do on a baseball field

life over sports

and thats my last thoughts on the topic in this thread anyway

17 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The Nationals are cancelled.

That was fun while it lasted.

Did Cole pitch well in game 8?

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

doolittle's reasons weren't political though... the reason why he didnt go wasnt political. not sure why people think that the only reason people hate trump is because of politics. trump is just a ****ty person that has offended a lot of people, including those close to doo

So do all politicians. 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Who gives a crap theyre baseball players. Long as they help us win and arent out committing felonies IDGAF. 

No....

I'll continue to root for the team but this will definitely change how I view certain players.

Forget his politics. Trump is just a crappy human being.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

nah this is beyond politics, more about who you are as a person. if Suzuki feels comfortable going up there in that hat, that tells me more about him as a man than anything he will ever do on a baseball field

life over sports

and thats my last thoughts on the topic in this thread anyway

Did Cole pitch well in game 8?

I agree it was stupid.  I’m just saying that I don’t really give a **** about his beliefs about really anything.  So as long as he blocks balls from going to the backstop and calls a good game & hits go ahead HR’s in WS games.  Sue me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

If you look at Kurt that MAGA hat is very loosely on his head... like someone put that on him right before he went to the mic. Also how long has Kurt been in this country? Does he even know what that hat even means (as far as being associated to Trump and all)?

Kurt Suzuki was born  in America. He is a natural born citizen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

If you look at Kurt that MAGA hat is very loosely on his head... like someone put that on him right before he went to the mic. Also how long has Kurt been in this country? Does he even know what that hat even means (as far as being associated to Trump and all)?

He’s Hawaiian dude lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

He’s Hawaiian dude lol

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Kurt Suzuki was born  in America. He is a natural born citizen.

I could swear he had an accent... well isn't HI like another country...no...  okay I am just going to...with my head between my knees...  :kickcan:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

I could swear he had an accent... well isn't HI like another country...no...  okay I am just going to...with my head between my knees...  :kickcan:

It's fabulous that you put up the most Trumpian post on this thread.

That dude born and raised in the US? He doesn't know better because look at him...

In all seriousness, we need to workshop a good title for Zimmerman's radio show with Schilling which will clearly be produced by Barstool.

Throwing heat at snowflakes.

Making baseball great again!

Where have you gone, Ty Cobb?

Real Strikes on Fake News

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

13 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

That dude born and raised in the US? He doesn't know better because look at him...

In all seriousness, we need to workshop a good title for Zimmerman's radio show with Schilling which will clearly be produced by Barstool.

Why don't you stop stirring the pot and go back and rewatch games 3-5.  Did you enjoy that?  Well good.  We enjoyed games 1, 2, 6 and 7.  It's nice that we all have games we can rewatch and enjoy from the World Series.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Get out of here with that ****.  Don’t pop your head in here now and conjure up some fake anger so you can spew this nonsense. Now you’re comparing Zimmerman to that dirtbag Shilling?  Give me a break.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I said he might not know better IF he migrated to this this country. I was wrong. Does Trump ever says he is wrong? So, don't think that is Trumpian post. Trump says things on purpose. Trump just starlight up says racist things for political gains. I have no agenda here. 

I wasn't born in the US. It is all good. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Why don't you stop stirring the pot and go back and rewatch games 3-5.  Did you enjoy that?  Well good.  We enjoyed games 1, 2, 6 and 7.  It's nice that we all have games we can rewatch and enjoy from the World Series.

1. I'm a Pirates fan. This is all the enjoyment baseball gives me. Right here.

2. You can justify this if you want. If that helps you sleep.

3. Any truth that the Nationals changing Juan Soto's name to "Johnny Sutton?"

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Who is defending Suzuki in this thread? We're just not burning our Nats gear over the decision to meet up with Trump, a choice the Astros and Red Sox made as well. 

• Like 4

Kurt Suzuki would have been one of my last guesses as to which Nat would be wearing a MAGA hat, based on nothing much really. . . Hawaii guy, chooses Reggae as his walk-up music. 

Maybe someone plopped it on his head and he thought it was a Nats ball cap. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

1. I'm a Pirates fan. This is all the enjoyment baseball gives me. Right here.

3. Any truth that the Nationals changing Juan Soto's name to "Johnny Sutton?"

I don't care if you root for the Neptune Pirates.  You trashed talked before the series about not only the team but the town of DC vs. Houston.  Then you came to trash talk after games 3-5.  So if you trashed talked to a bunch of Nats fans while having no rooting interest whatsoever, I guess that's just your weird thing and feel free to let the trash talk roll right off your back cause apparently you have no rooting interest whatsoever.

Point to where I justified.  zskins made a mistake.  He admitted it and made a self deprecating post admitting the mistake.  That automatically makes it not the most Trumpian thing ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2