Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

more salt. I love this. We are top of the mountain, and they can't beat the Marlins. So they have to fabricate bull**** to make themselves feel better

https://www.reddit.com/r/phillies/comments/dqh9ea/nats_fans_have_just_galvanized_a_decade_plus/f674ywl?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

(Displayed as a link for some naughty language)

They are BIG MAD 😂

From their perspective, they beat their chests for a LONG TIME wanting to rub it in so bad that they stole Bryce Harper!  Just to find out down the line that the Nats are WS champs immediately after letting him walk!  They’re starting to realize that they didn’t steal him.  The whole time, they were bamboozled & Mike Rizzo let him walk because it was in the best interest of the team.  Thing is we don’t give a **** about Bryce Harper.  They want it so bad to be that we are crappy fans who did him wrong and are still salty he left.  Most of us knew he was gone.  Many of us booed when he came back in a Phillies uniform.  That’s over now.  Nobody is booing the guy anymore.  Nobody is slow clapping for his tenure here.  He’s yours now.  You’re welcome 😈

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

They are BIG MAD 😂

From their perspective, they beat their chests for a LONG TIME wanting to rub it in so bad that they stole Bryce Harper!  Just to find out down the line that the Nats are WS champs immediately after letting him walk!  They’re starting to realize that they didn’t steal him.  The whole time, they were bamboozled & Mike Rizzo let him walk because it was in the best interest of the team.  Thing is we don’t give a **** about Bryce Harper.  They want it so bad to be that we are crappy fans who did him wrong and are still salty he left.  Most of us knew he was gone.  Many of us booed when he came back in a Phillies uniform.  That’s over now.  Nobody is booing the guy anymore.  Nobody is slow clapping for his tenure here.  He’s yours now.  You’re welcome 😈

The funny thing is they have 5-6 threads about Nats fans talking about Bryce Harper. r/Nationals has 0. Literally 0 threads saying anything about Harper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

The funny thing is they have 5-6 threads about Nats fans talking about Bryce Harper. r/Nationals has 0. Literally 0 threads saying anything about Harper.

It's buyer's remorse. They want to be in their safe space echo chamber of all the Philly fans telling them they did the right thing signing him to that crazy contract :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Exactly.  They’re infatuated with Harper because he was their shiny new toy.  Want to make it like the Nats are losers because they lost Harper.  But we won da championship doe.

24C4905D-B541-4A2C-8B6C-A3179AB80B5C.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just now, Barry.Randolphe said:

It's buyer's remorse. They want to be in their safe space echo chamber of all the Philly fans telling them they did the right thing signing him to that crazy contract :ols:

And we're ****ty fans who didn't sell out any playoff games and are more concerned about Harper than winning the World Series.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wrilbo67 said:

I’ll comment on this in a very real way. I moved to Chicago ten years ago right before the Blackhawks won the first of their 3 recent Stanley Cups, and while there’s been a lot of cross-promotion, I don’t think the Cubs-Hawks or Sox-Hawks relationship borders on the bro-mance between the Caps and Nats.

My wife is a Cubs and Blackhawks fan (I'm a Hawks fan as well, having moved to the area around the same time you did) and I will agree that there's no similarity. 

EDIT: Just asked her myself and she agreed that the love between the Nats and Caps is on a different level. What happened in such a short span of time with these two teams is something very special. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 2

Damn, if you woulda asked me before this season what was harder to do, win the division? Or win the WS?  I surely would have said winning the WS is MUCH harder to do considering the Nats won the Division  4 times since 2012 and never even made it past the first round LOL. But, hey, it’s a Braves fan.  They’ve been winning divisions and losing in the playoffs like clockwork since the 90’s.  Whatever makes them sleep better ha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Damn, if you woulda asked me before this season what was harder to do, win the division? Or win the WS?  I surely would have said winning the WS is MUCH harder to do considering the Nats won the Division  4 times since 2012 and never even made it past the first round LOL. But, hey, it’s a Braves fan.  They’ve been winning divisions and losing in the playoffs like clockwork since the 90’s.  Whatever makes them sleep better ha

They've made it a Venetian artform

• Haha 2

I wish Bubble Screen aka "Julio Teheran is better than Stephen Strasburg and Chris Johnson is better than Ryan Zimmerman" were still here.

I don't think I've ever seen a poster on any message board try so hard to sound smart but be so freaking stupid in my life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remember when people tried to hold up Matt Harvey as the paragon for managing pitchers?

Fun times

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

After 1 lesson, Juan Soto will now win the gold medal in men's figure skating at the next winter games

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wish Bubble Screen aka "Julio Teheran is better than Stephen Strasburg and Chris Johnson is better than Ryan Zimmerman" were still here.

I don't think I've ever seen a poster on any message board try so hard to sound smart but be so freaking stupid in my life.

Slateman too!

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Remember when people tried to hold up Matt Harvey as the paragon for managing pitchers?

Oh, one Dan Snyder level douchebag is eleventy-googleing down (eleventy-google highest number possible, BTW) on his stance about the Shutdown. It's all Boras-Nats propaganda as to why Strasburg resigned here. 2012 had nothing to do with it. Nothing...

What an arrogant jackass.

image.png.f51d8cb3920ccb1ca13935b82d5233a3.png

• Haha 1