Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

30 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I do want to see Haskins' first start. I expect a loss, but hope springs eternal.

Besides, it's not worth watching Game 7 until the seventh inning ;)

After winning a World Series, I can just kick back relax and watch the Skins worry free(not that I really put emotion in them anyway)and just laugh at the disaster. Whatever happens, we have a World Series champ in D.C.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I hope Stras stays.  I think he's harder to replace.  Weird to say about a lockdown third baseman with an MVP bat and the temperament and leadership quality of a champion.  But Strasburg is a bonafide ace.  You just can't let them go.  They determine the course of postseasons.

Rendon strikes me as someone who in 2 years could wake up for game 47 of 162 and say "i'm done, baseball is boring" and retires

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Zero doubt in my mind Strasburg comes back. He'll get a significant deal, but he'll be back. Rendon I am less certain about. 

Re-signing Rendon is key.  It's not as though they have someone in the pipeline ready even if he leaves like they did with Harper.  The guy will probably be the hottest commodity on the free agent market.   They need to figure out a way to keep him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I do want to see Haskins' first start. I expect a loss, but hope springs eternal.

Besides, it's not worth watching Game 7 until the seventh inning ;)

again, I watch solely out of habit these days. the games serve as background noise while I do other things

the me from 10 years ago has no idea he will be this jaded eventually

Just now, Burgold said:

With no cap they should do everything possible to keep both Stras and Rendon. 

You don’t want to lose Rendon, Stras and Harper in two years. 

no cap, but every team has a budget. and to be fair to the Lerner's, they are not shy about paying players. They have consistently been top 10 spending team for a long while now, which stands out against the current MLB nature of most teams going super cheap if they dont think they can compete

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Party continues tonight as they are honored at Caps game.

i'm sure its happened in other cities, but the genuine love they show each other is cool as hell

there is not a single ounce of it that feels forced or put on by the franchises. Started with the players being cool with each other and blowing up from there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm insulated from all sports frustration for the time being. Every other team I follow sucks this year, but I can just laugh it off. 

Even next year. It doesn't matter becasue we're the Champions.

We are the Champions. For ever.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Even next year. It doesn't matter becasue we're the Champions.

We are the Champions. For ever.

I’ve barely watched the Caps since they won the Cup. It’s weird, but for me... mission accomplished already. Didn’t bother me at all they lost in the playoffs last year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’ve barely watched the Caps since they won the Cup. It’s weird, but for me... mission accomplished already. Didn’t bother me at all they lost in the playoffs last year. 

I plan on watching the Caps game tonight. I've watched them more and more the last couple of years--mostly because of the bromance between them and the Nats.

4 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Yeah its all gravy from here on out, at least for the next few years. I'm happy that the teams that deserved championships have won them. I don't care if the Skins never do because truth be told as long as Snyder's in charge they will never be deserving of one.

• Like 1