Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

That actually sounds like the best possible option ... closer to beer, bathrooms, etc like you said, great view, and dont have to worry about people telling you to sit down

It was a really good option.  The best part, besides the game itself, was that if i walked quickly to the bathroom as soon as a third out was recorded, I'd be the first person to the there.  By the time I walked out the line would be 50 people deep.  

• Like 1

I went on an emotional roller coaster earlier... went in expecting WS tickets to be $1k/ea. Looked at NLCS tickets first, saw a bunch of reasonably priced seats ($150-200 for good seats). Got hopeful I could snag something similar for the WS at around $500. Nope. $1500-2000 for the same ones. I'm not sure I can justify over $1k/ea and I really don't want to drop that much money for crappy seats. I'll keep an eye on the prices I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Cards lineup is very, very different tonight. The starting four looks intimidating but I'm not sure what they're thinking burying Wong's speed at 8th. Guess they're worried about the matchup. 

Left handed pitcher plus Gomes catching will make it tough for him to steal anyway. But getting him on and having the pitcher bunt him over could be valuable to them. 

I know this is ancient history but if there is an afterlife, I hope Clark Griffith and Bob Short are both feeling the pain right now and it's only amplified every time we come closer to the World Series.

I'm glad we've got baseball now and I'm even more glad we've got a winning baseball team (for once) but when i think about all those lost years when I could have been learning about the game through a hometown team, in person, at RFK Stadium with my father...nothing will ever make up for that. There is no excuse for this town to have gone 30+ seasons without Major League Baseball. None. 

I hope we secure the pennant tonight because of the joy it will bring to the players and fans and the whole area but there's a part of me that really hopes it'll sting for everyone, alive and dead, who did everything they could to prevent this from happening. They know who they are and I hope this really sucks for them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I hope we secure the pennant tonight because of the joy it will bring to the players and fans and the whole area but there's a part of me that really hopes it'll sting for everyone, alive and dead, who did everything they could to prevent this from happening. They know who they are and I hope this really sucks for them.

Image result for peter angelos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Incompetent_Satan.jpeg

Yup - he was foremost in my mind when I mentioned those living. Oh Lord let us wrap this up tonight and not delay any additional discomfort for the Angelos family (at least those who were willfully involved in keeping baseball out of D.C.) 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Yup - he was foremost in my mind when I mentioned those living. Oh Lord let us wrap this up tonight and not delay any additional discomfort for the Angelos family (at least those who were willfully involved in keeping baseball out of D.C.) 

"There are no real baseball fans in DC, that's a fiction!"

• Like 1

Seeing all the ticket chatter.  A cpl observations for what it’s worth:

Crazy that tix were still available last night even as the gates were open.  They announced a sellout but I looked pregame and there were seats in my section for ~25 less than I paid.  Looking around, seemed like there were seats available well into game. 

seeing SROs available right now for $90

Yeah big Astros fan here bc that’s not going to happens v Yankees.  ~5% visiting fans v Dodgers/Cards maybe. Won’t be a takeover (I hope) but it will be a damn shame to have a lg ****head presence in the stadium if the Yankees win.  And, as stated prior, God knows tix may be available to a degree but not up until game time and for a small fortune.  Goooo Astros.

Had a 5 yr old with us last night.  Instead of taking Metro all the way in, grabbed a water taxi.  Yes, more expensive, but that, my friends, was the ticket.  

Pregame food inside the Budweiser tailgate area = no line food truck fare for 10 bucks.

also, a little baseball fan etiquette critique:  stay at your seat and/or don’t come back to your seat until between ABs at worst, preferably on the half inning.  I know you’re trying beat the line to the pisser but damn man, playoff baseball, tie tat thing in a knot.  Rumbling down a row mid AB is no no

Edited by stoshuaj

24 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Had a 5 yr old with us last night.  Instead of taking Metro all the way in, grabbed a water taxi.  Yes, more expensive, but that, my friends, was the ticket.

I have done the water taxi from Alexandria to a game with my 4 year old.  Definitely a good option. 

• Like 1

Just now, mammajamma said:

Such a crazy statement... i really really hope they stay hot tonight and wrap this up too, but "i hope we secure the pennant tonight" is wild to say out loud

For those of us who believe in baseball gods, quote a bit of bad juju in this thread.

No hit chatter from the ****ing broadcast team during the bid was bad enough, seeing it in here floored me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Such a crazy statement... i really really hope they stay hot tonight and wrap this up too, but "i hope we secure the pennant tonight" is wild to say out loud

So true. Think I still have a NLDS hangover.

That being such an obstacle for us and finally getting over, the reality of where this team is hasn't really set in for me yet. Crazy.

• Like 1

It's just that not only did we not have baseball for a long time but when we did, it was almost uniformally terrible. Apart from those golden years between 1924 and 1933, there were only a handful of seasons either Senators franchises weren't abjectly wretched (1912 and 1969 immediately come to mind). That's more than a century of bad baseball or no baseball

And here we are now. 

29 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

For those of us who believe in baseball gods, quote a bit of bad juju in this thread.

No hit chatter from the ****ing broadcast team during the bid was bad enough, seeing it in here floored me.

We're only four games away from one of the biggest choke jobs in MLB history! Patrick Corbin will get rocked for 6 ER and as soon as the 4th inning will expose our bullpen as the little league stand-in we all know it is. Then the Cardinals will catch fire and do the impossible. It was nice making it a round further than usual, but this perennially doomed franchise will go no further!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Right now the estimate is 800 ish starting.  I love my teams but man I got bills and got to eat too.

Eating is highly overrated.  Go on one of those new fangled trendy fasting diet things for a week or so, save the money, qlose weight and go to the game.  Win. Win. Win. 

• Like 2

I promised myself long long ago that if the Nats make the WS then I’ll be there for a game!  Prices be damned!  I was there for Strasburg’s very first start and what an electric atmosphere that was for such a losing franchise at the time.  I was rocking my grey away custom made official Strasburg jersey during his first start & I told myself way back then that THIS is what a WS atmosphere must be like.  K after K after K, the crowd was nuts.  One game away, after all these years.  Damn!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1