Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Here is something else to consider:

Not one man in that clubhouse thinks this is over. Not one man in that clubhouse thinks the Cardinals can't come back. They have two very good pitchers the next two games in their own right. They know it's not over until we in 2 more games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Here is something else to consider:

Not one man in that clubhouse thinks this is over. Not one man in that clubhouse thinks the Cardinals can't come back. They have two very good pitchers the next two games in their own right. They know it's not over until we in 2 more games.

As they shouldn't because that really is the truth.  They can't get fat and happy since they took 2 on the road because STL can do the same thing back here.  No complacency, but stay laser focused coming back home for the next 2 or more games

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The dodgers lineup is pretty dope...

They jus curbstomped the only other offense neck and neck with theirs and not stopping so far with the Astros in Houston.  Yankee Stadium in November is a completely different animal then what we jus went through

• Like 3

F it - ended up buying tickets in lower level section 137 for $184.  Was like $40 more than standing room only.  I ****ing hate the damn fees from these apps.  Tickets were $142 face and fees were $42.  Such a rip off.  But whatever.  I'm a sucker too lol.

Did Metro say they are staying open late for this series?  I totally forgot to check before lol.  Google searching I don't see anything definitive.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

F it - ended up buying tickets in lower level section 137 for $184.  Was like $40 more than standing room only.  I ****ing hate the damn fees from these apps.  Tickets were $142 face and fees were $42.  Such a rip off.  But whatever.  I'm a sucker too lol.

Ya there really needs to be some restrictions on those sites. It's BS. But glad you got some Tix. Have fun!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

almost doesnt seem possible

This is probably the biggest thing giving me pause about our chances.  Trying to go on a postseason run with two BP arms isn't feasible or sustainable.  Eventually other guys are going to have to come through for us.

There are other things to clean up too.  The at bats with RISP have typically been bad.  Clusters of errors from 2B.  Weak defense from behind the plate.  Unremarkable base running and small ball execution in general.  But the BP situation is the potential fatal flaw.

Our postseason thus far has been a testament to how far you can ride dominant starting pitching and timely hitting from steady veterans who can stay patient and work counts and be productive with out chasing home runs.  It's the old school formula for winning and it can cover up many sins.  It's comforting to me to see that it still works and that you don't have to do all of this opener pitcher nonsense and have every at bat be either a homer or a strike out in order to win.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, purbeast said:

Did Metro say they are staying open late for this series?  I totally forgot to check before lol.  Google searching I don't see anything definitive.

Tickpick 

Also why'd you spend on lower bowl?? Sit up high with the peasants. 

Metro will stay open late throughout the playoffs for every Nats home game

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Tickpick 

Also why'd you spend on lower bowl?? Sit up high with the peasants. 

Metro will stay open late throughout the playoffs for every Nats home game

Looked like cool seats right down the foul line.  Seats up high were pretty much the same price too.

Man if they win tomorrow, it's going to be LIT on Tuesday.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

**** the Yankees. Let's finish the Cards and then think about the AL.

Go 1-0 tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Looked like cool seats right down the foul line.  Seats up high were pretty much the same price too.

Man if they win tomorrow, it's going to be LIT on Tuesday.

It's going to be lit tomorrow. I am shocked how quiet Busch was--sounded like a regular season game.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is probably the biggest thing giving me pause about our chances.  Trying to go on a postseason run with two BP arms isn't feasible or sustainable.  Eventually other guys are going to have to come through for us.

There are other things to clean up too.  The at bats with RISP have typically been bad.  Clusters of errors from 2B.  Weak defense from behind the plate.  Unremarkable base running and small ball execution in general.  But the BP situation is the potential fatal flaw.

Our postseason thus far has been a testament to how far you can ride dominant starting pitching and timely hitting from steady veterans who can stay patient and work counts and be productive with out chasing home runs.  It's the old school formula for winning and it can cover up many sins.  It's comforting to me to see that it still works and that you don't have to do all of this opener pitcher nonsense and have every at bat be either a homer or a strike out in order to win.

the lack of running on the basepaths has been confusing me, particularly with Eaton or Turner. I know Yadier is good, but he still needs to be tested. the RISP stat actually makes me feel better. we are up 2-0, but we still have room for improvement. Its unrealistic to think the Cards bats will stay quiet the entire series, but I also don't think our RISP woes will continue. If the Cards go up a level, we still have a different gear we can hopefully tap into the match.

the pitching is what it was always gonna have to be. We know we're in a deficit there, and so far the remedy has been to have starters just lock **** down. It has helped that Doolittle & Hudson have been justified our reliance in them. Maybe its just me, but I also feel like Rainey is going show up huge for us this series and beyond if we make it that far.