Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

just realized STL & the Cubs play each other 7 more times.. and the cubs are right behind STL. one of them could knock the other completely out of the playoffs. but we still need to win games...

might be time to realize that we were just playing bad teams during our comeback stretch, and we're not as good as we thought

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

just realized STL & the Cubs play each other 7 more times.. and the cubs are right behind STL. one of them could knock the other completely out of the playoffs. but we still need to win games...

might be time to realize that we were just playing bad teams during our comeback stretch, and we're not as good as we thought

We swept Chicago at Wrigley

We took 2 of 3 from Minnesota

Took 2 of 3 from Milwaikee--and should have swept.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Braves fans apparently calling Davey's recent medical scare "karma" for how he handled the Culberson HBP the other night; ie asking if he attempted the bunt to get the strike called.

Braves fans are ****ing idiots. Anyone who honestly believes he was hit intentionally is a complete ****ing moron. 

Just now, Bacon said:

No matter what happens, Davey will likely not be our manager next year. This season took too much out of him. 

I think he'll step down.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Braves fans are ****ing idiots.

they've really showed their true colors this year a lot on twitter. i think their newfound success went way too hard to their heads. they act very immature as a fanbase

like we've been down 9+ games to them for like a month, and they still rush to fill up the nationals' twitter threads talking about how far back we are. dude, we've stopped caring about the braves and the NL east since like late july. 

Edited by mammajamma

36 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Braves fans are ****ing idiots. Anyone who honestly believes he was hit intentionally is a complete ****ing moron. 

I think he'll step down.

Not all of us are. And I have to admit, in the heat of the moment, it seemed intentional to me.  Batter was bunting and gets drilled in the face by a pitcher that had been warming up and only pitched in that inning.  Was it?  Probably not.  

But both you and I know if it was reversed, you would be calling for torches and pitchforks, cause you hate the Braves that much.  

39 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

they've really showed their true colors this year a lot on twitter. i think their newfound success went way too hard to their heads. they act very immature as a fanbase

like we've been down 9+ games to them for like a month, and they still rush to fill up the nationals' twitter threads talking about how far back we are. dude, we've stopped caring about the braves and the NL east since like late july. 

Yet, here you are, complaining about them on a Redskins forum board no doubt1 :rolleyes:

Every team's fans have assholes, including yours.  I swear you guys make it like it's some ATL invasion in DC during baseball season.  I don't live there, so I can't really comment, but damn, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an extreme exaggeration.  

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yet, here you are, complaining about them on a Redskins forum board no doubt1 :rolleyes:

Correct, I'm a DC sports fan complaining on a DC sports forum.. I was calling out Braves fans invading the Nationals twitter account. I'm not following the Braves twitter account and posting after every game on theirs...

And here you are, a Braves fan in a Nationals thread, further proving my point

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Correct, I'm a DC sports fan complaining on a DC sports forum.. I was calling out Braves fans invading the Nationals twitter account. I'm not following the Braves twitter account and posting after every game on theirs...

And here you are, a Braves fan in a Nationals thread, further proving my point

Lol, ok.

50 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Are you that obtuse?

Braves fans acting so poorly regarding Martinez health that a beat writer has to react like that, and we're not going to discuss it?

Really?

59 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not all of us are. And I have to admit, in the heat of the moment, it seemed intentional to me.  Batter was bunting and gets drilled in the face by a pitcher that had been warming up and only pitched in that inning.  Was it?  Probably not.  

This, again, shows exactly what we're talking about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Are you that obtuse?

Braves fans acting so poorly regarding Martinez health that a beat writer has to react like that, and we're not going to discuss it?

Really?

This, again, shows exactly what we're talking about.

That's horrible for anyone to call that karma and talk **** about it.  But you have some anger issues towards the Braves and their fan base, I was pointing out that all teams have asshole fans.  I never said I agree with or take the side with the assholes talking ****.

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Every team's fans have assholes, including yours.  I swear you guys make it like it's some ATL invasion in DC during baseball season.  I don't live there, so I can't really comment, but damn, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an extreme exaggeration.  

Hmm....

• Haha 1