Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

7 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

And they get a luck bloop hit and then Bryce hits a single that gets misplayed into the winning run. Ok Dodgers

Wtf

they better roll over and die when we play them in a couple weeks. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

Just noticed the Braves have a pretty easy schedule in August too (that's when ours is easier too). Two tough series against the Twins and Dodgers but everyone else is pretty meh. September too actually, if the Phillies stay on a downward trend. It might actually be beneficial to us if the Phillies are still fighting for WC2, they play the Braves 7x in the last three weeks. But they end against the Phillies, Giants, Royals, and Mets after playing us for the last time. We'd need to be probably two or three games up by then to have a legit shot... 

I think our best bet is the Phillies stay in it, but behind us, so they can split their remaining games with the Braves. Then we need to make up at least 3 games, maybe 4, in our head to head games vs ATL. Gonna be tough. 

I just want to focus on maintaining control of the wildcard slot. We've gone on a damn great run and the braves have almost matched us step for step, respect to them. If we get the division so be it, but we've done that before. Just make the dance and have the team positioned to finally breakthrough. We make noise in the playoffs, nobody will care that we did so as a wildcard instead of division winners

39 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I just want to focus on maintaining control of the wildcard slot. We've gone on a damn great run and the braves have almost matched us step for step, respect to them. If we get the division so be it, but we've done that before. Just make the dance and have the team positioned to finally breakthrough. We make noise in the playoffs, nobody will care that we did so as a wildcard instead of division winners

The fact that the WC is a play-in game is just brutal though. Zero margin for error and you burn your best pitcher right before a short 5 game Divisional Series. Not saying we can't win from the WC slot, but man does it make it a lot tougher. 

For as much as I was ****ting on this team at the beginning of the season, I’m really happy to see them seemingly turn a corner.  Hope they can keep this stuff up.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing us make the playoffs and Bryce Harper miss them.

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

For as much as I was ****ting on this team at the beginning of the season, I’m really happy to see them seemingly turn a corner.  Hope they can keep this stuff up.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing us make the playoffs and Bryce Harper miss them.

What about making the playoffs and defeating the Phillies in the WC round? :) 

Whoever wins get the pleasure of LAD in a 5 game series having already burned your best pitcher. :( 

I'm rooting for the Brewers to get their **** together and secure the second wildcard spot so we can play them instead of Philly. I don't even want the possibility of the  Phillies getting in. 

I haven't completely given up hope on winning the division, but the chances are remote at best. There's no shame in settling for a wildcard if you still make it. 

I just want the Nats to make the playoffs, so the wild card is fine.  I'm like our chances facing anyone in the wild card game with Max Scherzer versus whoever.  Then a 5 game series would be Corbin and Stras in games 1 and 2,  then probably Scherzer again in game 3 depending on what happens in games 1 and 2.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I just want the Nats to make the playoffs, so the wild card is fine.  I'm like our chances facing anyone in the wild card game with Max Scherzer versus whoever.  Then a 5 game series would be Corbin and Stras in games 1 and 2,  then probably Scherzer again in game 3 depending on what happens in games 1 and 2.  

Scherzer for a closeout game 3 would be nice ;) 

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's raining in DC, any sense that the game may be delayed or anything?

Monsoon right now.

I'm guessing a definite delay.

Half hour ago:

Edited by CRobi21