Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

With all due respect, **** that. Get out of here with this weak ****. This is playoff baseball. Every game counts. We need bullpen help, absolutely, but I’ll be damned if our closer isn’t closing games for us if he’s healthy. 

It's freakin July 3rd.  We're not even at all star break.  You gonna play playoff baseball for half a season with one reliable arm in the pen who happens to be 32, turning 33 in September?  Why don't you just trot out Max on three day's rest for the rest of the season?  🙄

You are up 3 against a team headed for 100+ losses!  Don't send out your overworked closer for consecutive nights!  It's not freakin rocket science!

9 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's freakin July 3rd.  We're not even at all star break.  You gonna play playoff baseball for half a season with one reliable arm in the pen who happens to be 32, turning 33 in September?  Why don't you just trot out Max on three day's rest for the rest of the season?  🙄

You are up 3 against a team headed for 100+ losses!  Don't send out your overworked closer for consecutive nights!  It's not freakin rocket science!

I mean, I wish this was a Tim Burton movie, and after Davey sends him out there to die on the mound, we could animate him with some creepy song/dance routine and get his button eyed corpse to throw strikes

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, I wish this was a Tim Burton movie, and after Davey sends him out there to die on the mound, we could animate him with some creepy song/dance routine and get his button eyed corpse to throw strikes

"The Nightmare Before October"???

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Fixed 

With all due respect, **** that. Get out of here with this weak ****. This is playoff baseball. Every game counts. We need bullpen help, absolutely, but I’ll be damned if our closer isn’t closing games for us if he’s healthy. 

Counterpoint: if he keeps going at rate, he will be diminished when the playoffs start. Its not sustainable, especially considering his past injury history

Philly:

tenor.gif?itemid=7183577

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Counterpoint: if he keeps going at rate, he will be diminished when the playoffs start. Its not sustainable, especially considering his past injury history

I absolutely get that, but you aren’t trying to get him to keep going at the current rate for 3 more months, you’re trying to use him just enough to win games for another three weeks until we have other legitimate options in our pen. 

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

I absolutely get that, but you aren’t trying to get him to keep going at the current rate for 3 more months, you’re trying to use him just enough to win games for another three weeks until we have other legitimate options in our pen. 

I get the sentiment, its why i prefer them to make the deal well before the deadline if possible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

I know what the calendar says. I also know the Nats dug themselves such a hole that every game’s stakes are far higher than they normally are at this point in the year. We’ve been playing playoff baseball for a month. I don’t like getting cute when you’re up 3 against the Marlins during a Strasburg start. Better chance we don’t need a save the next two days with the bottom half of our rotation on the mound. 

5 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Anibal looks awfully hittable today.  

Yup. Tough game to do that when your team just played like 16hr ago. 

That Zimm AB was sad. He hasn't looked particularly average yet. Him batting before Suzuki is a bad look. Doing it out of respect for the player he used to be 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That Zimm AB was sad. He hasn't looked particularly average yet. Him batting before Suzuki is a bad look. Doing it out of respect for the player he used to be 

He’s a waste of a roster spot right now. No coincidence that our offensive production has tanked since he came back and started stealing ABs from Adams and Kendrick. Tossing him right in the middle of the lineup makes it worse. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Marlins are really annoying--BABIP fueled slap hitters just finding green.

They’ve thrown together a decent little moneyball team with some fairly effective starting pitching. Their slow start gives them a really misleading record, they’re not terrible. Obviously get overmatching against the upper echelon of pitchers but other than that they can be reasonably competitive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

What’s the rule if a defender knocks a runner’s hand or foot off the bag? Looked a hell of a lot like Robles had his foot on there and it got swiped off... doesn’t seem like that should be allowed. 

It's not, and I think that's what the Nats were challenging. 

That kid is like 6 yrs old. What's he doing in a stroller?

Props to Sanchez. Didn't have his A, or even his B stuff today. Probably should have only 1 run given up. Battled

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 1