Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The very definition of "stupid money"

Apparently he got 5/$120m...

Corbin got 6/$140m.

I don't know.  I mean he might need that Philly change of scenery to make that leap to elite.  Maybe the Mets are just terrible at developing pitchers.  I mean who did they have other than Wheeler?  

Oh.  Ohhhh....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh so it wasn’t like the dvd of the caps championship where it included players talking about certain parts of the regular season? 

nope.  Didnt even mention the postseason run. I hope MASN or the Nats come out with their own. 

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

nope.  Didnt even mention the postseason run. I hope MASN or the Nats come out with their own. 

Hmm. That’s odd. On the dvd that i ordered it says bonus features include regular season highlights, clinching moments, and World Series parade. Maybe the thing at the anthem didn’t show that part?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hmm. That’s odd. On the dvd that i ordered it says bonus features include regular season highlights, clinching moments, and World Series parade. Maybe the thing at the anthem didn’t show that part?

Mine showed up tonight. The DVD has extras. The documentary is just a walk through the world series 

32 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Hopefully both guys don’t bolt.  Already bracing for one of them to be gone.  

If you (or anyone) had to pick one?.....

I’m leaning Strasburg but it admittedly a sucky question to apparently have to ask

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Lerners can afford anything they want. 

The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off.  You can say that there's always a point where you have to balance the salary commitment to your top players and building out the rest of this team.  But can't afford it?  What a load of crap.  Stras was already on the books for $25 mil before the opt out.  They knew Rendon was going to command 30+.  Even if Stras gets 30-35 and Rendon goes 40 (and those would be nearly expectation shattering.  More likely Stras gets 30 and Rendon 32.5-35), that's 15-20 mil over Stras not opting out and Rendon taking the extension.  You already get that savings from Zim and Gomes' contracts alone. 

They make 20-30 mil profit every year even after getting shafted by MASN (and if anyone buys their line about how MASN fiasco is preventing their ability to sign free agents, bull****.  They won the case and the fees are in escrow.  They could easily get a low interest loan while the appeal plays put.  In fact MLB gave them one even before the arbitration award was confirmed in court).  If they play their cards right, they could cement their legacy and double their profit like Houston did after 2017.  Can't afford it my ass.

46 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

If you (or anyone) had to pick one?.....

I’m leaning Strasburg but it admittedly a sucky question to apparently have to ask

I'm gonna be pissed as hell if they sign Stras and then give Josh Donaldson 25 per for 3-4 years while Rendon goes and signs for 32.5-35.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1