Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Only way Bellinger could have been more valuable than Rendon this year is if he had jumped a hundred feet in the air and caught Howie's grand slam. 

Bellinger doesn't spit in the face of momentum and the officials to keep the season going like Rendon did here. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

Because so much of the sign-stealing tracks back to the Astros and Hinch, I would ban Hinch from the league. On top of that, give the team a severe payroll cap in 2020 and take a couple first round picks away. They've been cheating for a few seasons, so they should be punished for a similar length of time.

• Like 1

Strasburg called them out on live national television in his interview on the field following game 6. I was floored and shocked that it was being discussed right then and there...I had always (mistakenly) thought calling an opponent a cheater on such a platform was a no-no.

But now you can go back to every Joe Buck and tv host comment about the Astros hitters taking pitches, never swinging, and grinding at-bats.

It makes me wonder about Scherzer's starts when their hitters grinded (ground?) him down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Strasburg called them out on live national television in his interview on the field following game 6. I was floored and shocked that it was being discussed right then and there...I had always (mistakenly) thought calling an opponent a cheater on such a platform was a no-no.

But now you can go back to every Joe Buck and tv host comment about the Astros hitters taking pitches, never swinging, and grinding at-bats.

It makes me wonder about Scherzer's starts when their hitters grinded (ground?) him down.

I must have missed that interview. Do you have a link or a recap of what he said?

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

Because so much of the sign-stealing tracks back to the Astros and Hinch, I would ban Hinch from the league. On top of that, give the team a severe payroll cap in 2020 and take a couple first round picks away. They've been cheating for a few seasons, so they should be punished for a similar length of time.

I think you're going to see everyone involved Hinch, Ludnow, Beltran (which would be soooo LOLMets), Cora, even the owner all get dinged with lengthy suspensions.

The former Braves GM Coppollela (sp) was banned for life for infractions regarding international signings. Tainting the World Series is far, far worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think you're going to see everyone involved Hinch, Ludnow, Beltran (which would be soooo LOLMets), Cora, even the owner all get dinged with lengthy suspensions.

The former Braves GM Coppollela (sp) was banned for life for infractions regarding international signings. Tainting the World Series is far, far worse.

Oh yeah.  The longer it takes MLB to investigate this makes me think the harsher the penalties.  Haven’t heard anything.  Those guys have to be shaking in their boots right now.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The 1969 trophy?  With the Seattle Pilots and the Washington Senators?

'69 was the miracle Mets. Started 18-30, went 100-62, won the World Series over the heavy-favorite Baltimore Orioles.

....I like the 2019 remake much, much better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

'69 was the miracle Mets. Started 18-30, went 100-62, won the World Series over the heavy-favorite Baltimore Orioles.

....I like the 2019 remake much, much better.

Yep, as an Orioles fan that one stings.  And it's not like I was around then.  But those Orioles teams were stacked and loaded, some of the best teams in history...but could only get one ring in that 3-4 years.

I agree though, I like 2019 much better. :) 

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But those Orioles teams were stacked and loaded, some of the best teams in history...but could only get one ring in that 3-4 years.

Just goes to show--winning the World Series is really ****ing hard. I'd say second hardest behind the Stanley Cup (4, 7-game series is brutal).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

it will be really interesting to see how hard the league comes down on them

Gotta come down hard. They spit on the game. If this was college, at bare minimum, you vacate their 2017 WS. Some folks also no longer deserve to be in the game on a professional level.

• Like 2