Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

weren't the yankees making a big fuss about this in the ALCS? Wouldnt be surprised if they were still doing it. Funny thing is they lost every home game against us (where they couldve used the cameras, etc). so maybe the nats got tipped off and made adjustments, and the astros couldnt hit without cheating ha

24 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

weren't the yankees making a big fuss about this in the ALCS? Wouldnt be surprised if they were still doing it. Funny thing is they lost every home game against us (where they couldve used the cameras, etc). so maybe the nats got tipped off and made adjustments, and the astros couldnt hit without cheating ha

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/yankees/2019/11/yankees-lost-2017-alcs-to-cheating-sign-stealing-houston-astros-report-says.html%3foutputType=amp

The sign-stealing allegation is the latest in what has become a string of questionable situations involving the Astros. In 2018, the Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox found an Astros employee taking pictures near their dugouts. In the 2019 ALCS, the Yankees accused the Astros of stealing signs. According to Andy Martino of SNY, the Yankees believed that they busted the Astros making coded whistling sounds from their dugout to let their hitters know what pitches were coming in the series opener.

Both 2018 and 2019 apparently.

• Like 1

r/baseball is hilarious right now.  Red Sox, Dodgers, Yankees, Indians fans banding together in an uncomfortable alliance to dump on the Astros then remembering they hate each other so they go back to backbiting each other.😂

Only thing everyone seems to agree on is that they're glad that the Nats won, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

r/baseball is hilarious right now.  Red Sox, Dodgers, Yankees, Indians fans banding together in an uncomfortable alliance to dump on the Astros then remembering they hate each other so they go back to backbiting each other.😂

Only thing everyone seems to agree on is that they're glad that the Nats won, lol.

Even Braves fans are glad we won.

Phillies fans remain bitter, self-loathing asshats.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I hope they did cheat. Can you imagine cheating on a stage like that and still losing? 😂

I'd feel awful.

0-4 at home with their cameras rolling LMAO

Astros want to be the Patriots so bad man but Hinch is no Belichick

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Has anyone posted video evidence of them doing it during the Yankees or Nats series? I saw the one from 2017 and it was clearly obvious what they were doing.

Were they stealing signs in game 6 or was Stras just tipping? I know they had to adjust to what the Astros were seeing. 

Edited by Bacon

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

Were they stealing signs in game 6 or was Stras just tipping? I know they had to adjust to what the Astros were seeing. 

Stras was tipping. But the Nationals also used a complex series of signs they've never used before, knowing the Astros are cheating douchebags.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Stras was tipping. But the Nationals also used a complex series of signs they've never used before, knowing the Astros are cheating douchebags.

In game 4 of the NLDS, Strasburg got hit hard early. Davey came out to talk to the umps and was pointing at *something* in the outfield. Strasburg adjusted... but the mysterious thing Davey was pointing at still has me wondering if the Dodgers were using a camera to steal signs too. 

• Like 2

There is something rotten in the state of Texas. Osuna, Taubman, Nolan Ryan's exit after his son was replaced with the owner's son, now this? I hope MLB comes down on them hard.

And yeah, I kinda want them to be cheating this year too. Nationals are already heroes of baseball--this will cement their story.

And Craig Counsell nails the MoY Award:

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Love that quote from Counsell.  And I'm sure plenty of other managers are the same way, but he came to our locker room after the wildcard game to congratulate Davey.  I thought that was really classy of him.

I feel the same way about all the post-season awards. We have the most important one. Every one else...

Image result for suck it gif

• Like 5