Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I’m regards to Stras and him being 31 entering free agency.  He seems to be just getting comfortable with who he is as a pitcher.  I can see him pitching well into his mid-late 30’s.  Jack Morris pitched a 10 inning CG shutout in game 7 of the WS at age 36.  I really believe that Stras has plenty left in the tank.  Pitched the most innings of any starter this season and deep into the World Series with zero sign of wear & tear.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What is it with you and race exactly? NO ONE In this thread has mentioned race except YOU. First is was "**** you you rich white prick". Now this. And you liberal shave the gall to call Repubs racist? Pathetic.

spongebob.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

I’m regards to Stras and him being 31 entering free agency.  He seems to be just getting comfortable with who he is as a pitcher.  I can see him pitching well into his mid-late 30’s.  Jack Morris pitched a 10 inning CG shutout in game 7 of the WS at age 36.  I really believe that Stras has plenty left in the tank.  Pitched the most innings of any starter this season and deep into the World Series with zero sign of wear & tear.

With his secondary stuff he can throw 93 and still be a front-line starter. He was touching 95 in the playoffs. He never once hit 97, that I'm aware of. Might be a reason for his health this year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

With his secondary stuff he can throw 93 and still be a front-line starter. He was touching 95 in the playoffs. He never once hit 97, that I'm aware of. Might be a reason for his health this year

The fact of the matter is he is our #1 priority and that just goes with Rizzo’s philosophy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

What is it with you and race exactly? NO ONE In this thread has mentioned race except YOU. First is was "**** you you rich white prick". Now this. And you liberal shave the gall to call Repubs racist? Pathetic.

Leave this and stick to baseball in this thread. I’ve already passed that message on to others.

• Like 1

Phillies fans want it to be about Harper so bad lol They love acting as if Nats fans are overlooking the fact that we won the WS strictly because we are still so mad that Harper spurned us Ha!  What a crock of ****!  Philly fans questioning why a city would boo anyone?!  Really?? Philly?!  If Nats fans wanted to boo Bryce Harper because he chose to sign with a division rival, so be it!  Nats fans have been fine with him leaving for so long.  I think what Phillies fans fail to realize is that Harper leaving was as much to do with a pure baseball decision than just being outbid.  They wanted to point and laugh so badly!  Like Ha! We got him.  Yep, you outbid yourself because Rizzo clearly had no real intention on keeping Harper unless it was on a team friendly deal.  We win the World Series!  Who gives a **** about Bryce Harper?  I guarantee that the people talking all the Bryce Harper crap when we won the WS weren’t even true Nats fans!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

It's so weird how everyone forgot this team was supposed to be great just because they had a bad start. Once they got healthy, they actually managed to meet regular season expectations. 

I think the fact that the bullpen never got right prevented people from taking us seriously even after the turnaround. Our bullpen was historically bad just about all season. It just didnt matter in the end. I wouldnt bank on any team being able to replicate that in the future.

• Like 3

Another Nats Won, Astros didn't lose article from Fangraphs: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/will-harris-played-well-didnt-get-rewarded/

TL;DR: 

In fact, no one allows home runs on low cutters. Since 2008, between the regular season and the playoffs, there have been 1,741 cutters thrown by a righty to a righty in the rough location of Harris’ pitch that resulted in fair contact. Of those, a whopping two (not counting Harris’) went for home runs. If you’d prefer to include foul balls, the sample is even larger, but the results the same: batters have made contact with 3,160 low and away cutters, of which again two became home runs.

And then this gem. Read this over and over and over again...

The Nationals never relinquished the lead, tacking on insurance runs in the eighth and ninth, and sharked their way to a World Series title.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Another Nats Won, Astros didn't lose article from Fangraphs: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/will-harris-played-well-didnt-get-rewarded/

TL;DR: 

In fact, no one allows home runs on low cutters. Since 2008, between the regular season and the playoffs, there have been 1,741 cutters thrown by a righty to a righty in the rough location of Harris’ pitch that resulted in fair contact. Of those, a whopping two (not counting Harris’) went for home runs. If you’d prefer to include foul balls, the sample is even larger, but the results the same: batters have made contact with 3,160 low and away cutters, of which again two became home runs.

And then this gem. Read this over and over and over again...

The Nationals never relinquished the lead, tacking on insurance runs in the eighth and ninth, and sharked their way to a World Series title.

Notably... in like 80% of MLB parks that is a long & loud foul ball. If the fence was 3 feet further back it would have sliced foul. 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Notably... in like 80% of MLB parks that is a long & loud foul ball. If the fence was 3 feet further back it would have sliced foul. 

It's funny how all of the breaks just went our way...FINALLY. After years of dealing with Storen, Kozma, Vic Carrapazza, Sandoval and Posey, 2016 Game 5, Matt Wieters and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad inning in 2017...to finally break through. Not only break through, but beat one of the best teams in MLB History. It feels amazing. It's something I will never forget...and probably never shut up about.

We are Champions. Forever.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I think the fact that the bullpen never got right prevented people from taking us seriously even after the turnaround. Our bullpen was historically bad just about all season. It just didnt matter in the end. I wouldnt bank on any team being able to replicate that in the future.

the irony is that our historically bad bullpen didnt blow one save the entire postseason

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

the irony is that our historically bad bullpen didnt blow one save the entire postseason

That's because the historically bad parts of our bullpen stayed in the bullpen in save situations.  Tons of credit to Davey and the Big 3 for managing around the deficiencies.  

• Like 3