Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Also.  Once again, **** John Feinstein.  The loser wants to be right so badly.  What a ****ty thing to even hold onto all of these years.  Just seems like an overall terrible/miserable person.  If you can’t guarantee that Stras would even be healthy in 2019 if he would have exceeded the innings limit in 2012 then just SHUT THE **** UP and move on.  Seriously, how many of you guys were wanting this WS win so bad because of something John ****ing Feinstein was pontificating about in 2012?  The guy is delusional and should be banished from ever talking DC sports ever again.  ****ing loser.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, -JB- said:

Also.  Once again, **** John Feinstein.  The loser wants to be right so badly.  What a ****ty thing to even hold onto all of these years.  Just seems like an overall terrible/miserable person.  If you can’t guarantee that Stras would even be healthy in 2019 if he would have exceeded the innings limit in 2012 then just SHUT THE **** UP and move on.  Seriously, how many of you guys were wanting this WS win so bad because of something John ****ing Feinstein was pontificating about in 2012?  The guy is delusional and should be banished from ever talking DC sports ever again.  ****ing loser.

the guy needs to grow up for sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, but Zim said continuing to make America the greatest country to live in the world, which necessarily means that America was already the greatest country, which it continued to be.  So really, he's tipping his cap to all the previous presidents of both side of the aisle, including Obama, under whose watch, the country was already the greatest in the world of. Huh?  Huh?

spongebob.jpg

Still love my Nats regardless of their political persuasion.  If my fellow liberal brethrens need solace, we have Doo and Scherzer, who was on the record in 2015 as a person who belongs to neither party, and then headlined a fundraiser for Kathleen Murphy, a Virginia Democrat.  Scherzer's wife is also an advocate for LGBTQ rights.  I think we can almost guarantee that no non-political group will ever be comprised of only people who agree with us politically.

• Like 3

So much for America's love affair with the Nats. How ****ing tone deaf does MLB continually have to be? ****ing racist trolls on every damn team. 

As an outsider..again congrats to the Nats. I just wish all sports teams would stop visiting a white house whose policy is divisive and anti-immigrant (especially when MLB is hugely Latin based).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Even as a lefty mcleftstein (at least by today's standards) I never really had an issue with sports teams visiting the White house regardless of who the President was.  With Trump specifically I feel a little different because I view him as a piece of trash as a person outside of any of his actual politics.  It irks me that so many people are willing to brush aside his character as a human being and give him this huge pass on..........everything that makes him awful. 

However, at the end of the day it is their prerogative to do what they please. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

With Trump specifically I feel a little different because I view him as a piece of trash as a person outside of any of his actual politics.  It irks me that so many people are willing to brush aside his character as a human being and give him this huge pass on..........everything that makes him awful. 

this was my point earlier. people saying "leave politics out of it" are kinda missing the point. people feeling uncomfortable with this has nothing to do with politics. Doo very gracefully explained why Trump has offended many people close to him, so its just weird that a teammate would then go suck up to him after. other than the Zuk hat, and Zim's asskissing, its whatever... caps went too and i dont hold that against them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

this was my point earlier. people saying "leave politics out of it" are kinda missing the point. people feeling uncomfortable with this has nothing to do with politics. Doo very gracefully explained why Trump has offended many people close to him, so its just weird that a teammate would then go suck up to him after. other than the Zuk hat, and Zim's asskissing, its whatever... caps went too and i dont hold that against them

You’re missing the point maybe?  Just because Doolittle has his reasons why he feels offended by things Trump has said, Suzuki equally has his feelings about what Trump stands for and chose to do what he did.  That’s just politics in a nutshell.  People are really acting surprised because it goes against their beliefs.  I can’t stand politics.  

I hate politics. I try not to get into it. It takes too much of my time to even think about it. Trumps sucks as a human being. That being said the player and players should be honored to get a visit from the White House. It is a long time running tradition of this great country. You have to respect the title and the institution of this great country and not necessarily the person behind the title or the person living in the White House. 

I don't think what Zim said would mean he is in love with Trump and what kind of human being he is. 

• Like 3

I don't understand why what Zimm said is seen as "asskissing"?  He was very careful with what he said, not giving Trump credit for making America safe or for making America great, but for keeping America safe and keeping America great.  Using those words indicates that Trump doesn't get credit for making it so. When someone like Zimm, who is extremely careful with the public image he portrays, is chosen to give remarks by the team, I'd assume he would be as milquetoast as possible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

You’re missing the point maybe?  Just because Doolittle has his reasons why he feels offended by things Trump has said, Suzuki equally has his feelings about what Trump stands for and chose to do what he did.  That’s just politics in a nutshell.  People are really acting surprised because it goes against their beliefs.  I can’t stand politics.  

doolittle's reasons weren't political though... the reason why he didnt go wasnt political. not sure why people think that the only reason people hate trump is because of politics. trump is just a ****ty person that has offended a lot of people, including those close to doo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I don't understand why what Zimm said is seen as "asskissing"?  He was very careful with what he said, not giving Trump credit for making America safe or for making America great, but for keeping America safe and keeping America great.  Using those words indicates that Trump doesn't get credit for making it so. When someone like Zimm, who is extremely careful with the public image he portrays, is chosen to give remarks by the team, I'd assume he would be as milquetoast as possible.

When I first heard Zimm's quote my reaction was it was MAGA nonsense, but looking back it definitely was more neutral than anything so he's forgiven by me lol. I got nothing for Kurt though. 

You say, thank you for the honor of coming to the white house to celebrate this historic victory. That's it.

Once, you start praising Trump in even the most benign way, you turn this event into him, because the second he hears any inkling of praise, he turns the event into his thing.

Putting on a MAGA hat? At that point, you might as well start flipping middle fingers. That hat has nothing to do with the presidency. It has everything to do with Trump.

The only way to negotiate these visits with that monster of a human is to make them about the office. Not him. At all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

When I first heard Zimm's quote my reaction was it was MAGA nonsense, but looking back it definitely was more neutral than anything so he's forgiven by me lol. I got nothing for Kurt though. 

same here

i may have used the wrong word when i said "asskissing"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dyst said:

What is nice in addition to everything else is that most of these guys feel like our players. We have several home grown talent, such as Trea, Soto, Rendon, Zimmerman, Robles, and Strasburg that contributed to our championship. This was not a championship that was simply bought, but instead it was earned. Even the FA we brought in, like Max, Dootlittle, Kendricks, Eaton, Corbin, +more will forever think of themselves as Nationals because this is where they got that World Series win. It's a nice feeling.

And.....that's gone.

• Confused 1