Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I mean really, it is only the Brewers we have to hold off.  I'd like the game at home but getting into it is most important.  Assuming the current result holds, we have 14 games left, they have 13, and we're three games ahead of them in the loss column.

Our 14 games are against the Cardinals (tough) the Marlins (a team in our situation should win those) the Phillies (same) and the Indians.  We could lose two of three to the Cards but we should win more than 50% of the games against the Marlins and Phillies, and by the time we play the Indians, they may be eliminated with nothing to play for.

The Brewers have to play the Padres, Pirates, Reds and Rockies.  Yeah, that's an easier schedule than ours, though by record, we have the easiest series left against the Marlins.

Anyway, even if we go .500 at 7-7, the Brewers would still have to go 10-3 the rest of the way to pass us, 9-4 to tie.  I mean, it is doable against that schedule but certainly not easy.

And I'm ignoring the Cubs, but of their remaining 13 games, they have to go head to head with the Cardinals 7 times, so I have a hard time imagining they're going to suddenly go on a 10 game winning streak either.

I'm still confident.

• Like 2

Fun game. Perfect weather. Good crowd. Braves fans were quiet but not jerky. 

One of those days where every little thing went their way. 

Kendrick was money. Keep him playing until he cools off. 

Pic was from 1st inning. Stadium filled up nicely considering there was some football game nearby. 

IMG_20190915_134055.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The Braves just own us. And it's not going to change for the foreseeable future They're so young and so good. I wouldn't be surprised if the win the World Series and life is miserable as the fairweather fans hop on that bandwagon and make life miserable.

Are there that many Braves fans up in the DMV area that would make life miserable should that happen? 

Heck, I catch **** wearing my Braves jersey down here in Charlotte, more often than I would think I would, considering they have a gazillion of fans in the Carolinas (like the Redskins do/did).  

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Are there that many Braves fans up in the DMV area that would make life miserable should that happen? 

Heck, I catch **** wearing my Braves jersey down here in Charlotte, more often than I would think I would, considering they have a gazillion of fans in the Carolinas (like the Redskins do/did).  

There’s a ****load of every team’s fans in the DMV. Just the nature of the city, people move here from all over. 

All the TBS-generated Braves fans from the 90s don’t help of course. 

25 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yes--probably kids who grew up watching those great Braves teams of Maddux-Glavine-Smoltz rotation, Chipper Jones, et al. That team had 4 HOFers. Very attractive to a city that doesn't have a team. Hell, I was a Mets fan for years because I was 10 when the Gooden-Strawberry-Dykstra Mets won the World Series, and we got WWOR here when they broadcasted Mets games. Lots of Cubs fans because WGN showed their games here, too.

Plus as @skinsfan_1215 said, with the Government here, we get a lot of people from other cities moving here. I would love to see some kind of census information about how may people migrate here.