Riggo#44

2019 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread (Strasburg has re-signed, 7 yrs $245m))

Recommended Posts

I still believe in Suero. He's not a stud but he's got the stuff to be a solid contributor. 

 

Right now this Nats team looks like the talented but frustrating bunch I grew to know in 2015 and 2018. With a league average number of blown saves, we would be right in the thick of the playoff race, but that's the thing, isn't it? The FO skimps in one area and it buries everything else. Garnish with a series of injuries and you've got a recipe for a .525-530 winning percentage. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a black eye and broken nose actually have had any negative effect on max’s Pitching? I see Everyone on FB/twitter making a big deal of it, and maybe i dont know baseball that much, but how would his pitching have changed?

 

or is it the fact that he came out at all after having the black eye and broken nose? I agree That part is impressive. 

 

Either way, nice two wins today. We only made up one of Monday/Tuesday nights rainouts right? When’s the next makeup? Or were we not supposed to play tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a broken nose once.  Breathing hurt.  Moving my head hurt.  It was miserable for about two weeks.  I can't imagine walking briskly with a broken nose, let alone going all out pitching like a madman.  That dude is impressive.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcl05 said:

I had a broken nose once.  Breathing hurt.  Moving my head hurt.  It was miserable for about two weeks.  I can't imagine walking briskly with a broken nose, let alone going all out pitching like a madman.  That dude is impressive.  

Nevermind then. That’s impressive as ****.  That does sound painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't notice that we passed the Mets today. That's always good. **** the Mets. 

 

4 games out of the second wildcard spot. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mad Max isn't human. Dude is a Terminator sent from the future who decided to play baseball instead of exterminate humanity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question....for double headers, do they make people leave the stadium between games? What if someone has seats from Monday nights game or last nights game and went today to the 1st game, and someone who was going to tonight’s game was supposed to sit in that same seat? Is that ever an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taped to  Max’s locker this afternoon was a note that said:

“ If you bunt tonight … PLEASE do us all a favor and wear this.”

 

“This” was an NC State football helmet, left there by Wolfpack alum Trea Turner.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mad Max isn't human. Dude is a Terminator sent from the future who decided to play baseball instead of exterminate humanity.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have a question....for double headers, do they make people leave the stadium between games? What if someone has seats from Monday nights game or last nights game and went today to the 1st game, and someone who was going to tonight’s game was supposed to sit in that same seat? Is that ever an issue?

 

Yes. They clear the stadium and then let people back in. Let's them clean up some also.

 

Even if you have tickets to both games. You need to go outside and come back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man our schedule after the Braves series is a complete joke. We play the Marlins a bunch and then have interleague series against the Tigers and Royals before the All Star Break. Absolutely have to get back above .500 going into the summer classic if we wanna make a 2nd half run.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scherzer is one of them black/white old school cutup dudes, chewing steel and death staring you through the grainy film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Man our schedule after the Braves series is a complete joke. We play the Marlins a bunch and then have interleague series against the Tigers and Royals before the All Star Break. Absolutely have to get back above .500 going into the summer classic if we wanna make a 2nd half run.

 

That was my stated goal somewhere in this thread before we started in our stretch of weaker teams... (which unfortunately started with us getting swept by the Mets in 4 games). Since then we’ve been hot though. 

 

Should be within a game of .500 by the break, and hopefully we can make up a little ground against the Braves this weekend. Pitching matchups aren’t great though. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

...hopefully we can make up a little ground against the Braves this weekend. Pitching matchups aren’t great though. 😕

 

They bumped Stras back so he can open the series tomorrow, so that helps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

 

They bumped Stras back so he can open the series tomorrow, so that helps...

 

It does. Still gonna have a called up AAA pitcher starting in a critical game though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

 

 

I saw "Nationals Announce Extension" and got excited....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a play Trea!

10 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Listening on the radio. Why did Soto break for third?

 

Cutoff man missed and the ball was rolling around the infield.

 

Bad decision with Howie coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

What a play Trea!

 

Cutoff man missed and the ball was rolling around the infield.

 

Bad decision with Howie coming up.

Thanks. Charlie and Dave were a bit confused too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.