Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

12 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Davey is going to get time now because his 3B, SS, and 1B are all out. I don't know if it matters. There is nothing we can point to and say he's an excellent manager when it comes to X. He's not even average yet.

I'd let Lilliquist go. Been saying that for weeks now. That would send a message that everyone is being held responsible. If things don't improve from there, then Davey would be next. 

A move I agree with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to the game yesterday and spent 1.5 hours rained out 

Maybe it was the rain but the attendance yesterday was pretty bad. I mean you could easily stand in the outfield in center field plaza and watch the game. That didn't used to be the case. 

Article today about how this is the lowest attendance since 2011. Sad. 

https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/5/2/18527020/washington-nationals-park-seeing-lowest-fan-attendance-since-2011

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Went to the game yesterday and spent 1.5 hours rained out 

Maybe it was the rain but the attendance yesterday was pretty bad. I mean you could easily stand in the outfield in center field plaza and watch the game. That didn't used to be the case. 

Article today about how this is the lowest attendance since 2011. Sad. 

https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/5/2/18527020/washington-nationals-park-seeing-lowest-fan-attendance-since-2011

It was scheduled for 4pm on a Thursday.. with rain in the forecast. 

I recall a similar article about lack of fans early last year... it's the same in April every season. Baseball attendance rises dramatically over the summer. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

It was scheduled for 4pm on a Thursday.. with rain in the forecast. 

I recall a similar article about lack of fans early last year... it's the same in April every season. Baseball attendance rises dramatically over the summer. 

low attendance is better to MLB than starting the season later (which I would prefer).

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Strasburg is really underrated.

Fastest pitcher to 1,500 strikeouts in MLB HISTORY is just a remarkable statistic.   It seems bizarre to say it of such a highly touted prospect, but he really has been underrated by fans and the media over the years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

How many weekday early afternoon games have there been this year? 1/3 of their home games to date have been 1:05 or 4:05 starts. Of course those games won't draw (outside Opening Day).

Weekday games before school is out = always lower attendance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Weekday games before school is out = always lower attendance. 

There's a certain charm to going to those sparsely attended games.  You can stretch out in your seat or move up a couple of rows (or sections), develop a personal relationship with your beer vendor, commandeer neighboring cup holders, walk right up to line-less concession stands , clearly hear Charley and Dave's voices echoing on the concourse, pick your choice of urinals, and not feel like a steer on the way to slaughter getting on and off the Metro.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

There's a certain charm to going to those sparsely attended games.  You can stretch out in your seat or move up a couple of rows (or sections), develop a personal relationship with your beer vendor, commandeer neighboring cup holders, walk right up to line-less concession stands , clearly hear Charley and Dave's voices echoing on the concourse, pick your choice of urinals, and not feel like a steer on the way to slaughter getting on and off the Metro.

I enjoy them too. 

From Jayson Stark's column on the Athletic - https://theathletic.com/959684/2019/05/03/stark-useless-info-dept-vlad-all-over-edition/:

THE YOUNG AND THE TROTLESS – The Nationals had three players aged 21 or younger homer in the same game Sunday. As the Elias Sports Bureau was there to inform us, no team had ever had three teammates under age 22 homer in the same game before. So that was cool. But now let’s put that feat in a different light:

• The Diamondbacks have had one player 21 or younger – Justin Upton – hit a home run in the history of their team. They’ve been around since 1998.
  • The Rockies have had two players 21 or younger – Troy Tulowitzki and Roberto Mejia – hit a home run in the history of their team. They’ve been around since 1993.
  • The Angels have had one player 21 or younger – some guy named Mike Trout – hit a home run in the last 34 years. We’re talking all the way back through 1985.
  • And then there are the Phillies. They’ve had two players 21 or younger, hit a home run at any point in the last 44 seasons – back through 1976. Those two? Scott Rolen and (of course) Luis Aguayo!

But the Nationals just had three guys that young homer in one game. Wow.

So MASN appealed the original ruling, and after all the wrangling the arbitration ruled with almost identical numbers. Now MASN is claiming they may have used the wrong numbers? Eat a bag of dicks, you can’t appeal based on stupidity...

• Like 2