Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

9 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

If you don’t see why someone would prefer San Diego over DC as a city/living experience I can’t help ya :)

Also, $2m/$10m/$30m might seem like not that much in the context of a $300m contract. But it’s still millions or tens of millions of dollars, that an athlete will have *one* chance in their lifetime to earn. So they should take the best offer, unless there is a compelling reason to take a (slightly) lower offer.

I get why SD is cool and all (year round perfect weather, fish tacos, etc)....but CA has the highest top tier tax rate in the country. If he's chasing money, I feel like that has to be taken into consideration.

9 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I get why SD is cool and all (year round perfect weather, fish tacos, etc)....but CA has the highest top tier tax rate in the country. If he's chasing money, I feel like that has to be taken into consideration.

Definitely would come into play. I didn’t say I thought SD was necessarily the favorite, just that it would be an appealing location for him (money aside). 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I can't imagine the Padres being able to match 10 years and $300 Mil.

I genuinely wonder if that is still on the table after Corbin, etc signings. I know people said that was independent of Harper, but Nats sure made a successful run at a premium FA right after Harper declined their offer.

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Heyman just makes **** up. Why the hell would the Nats sign Kimbrel?

Eh, bullpen is pretty shallow. Last year showed a couple underperformers plus an injury will sink them. I could see them being involved to an extent... probably not going to match his top suitors though. 

11 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

there is 1 thing money cant buy and its quick access to your family. SD is maybe a 1 hr flight from Vegas.  

It can when you have enough $ that your parents never have to work another day in their lives. 

Harpers bro is still in the Nats system, im pretty sure. 

His dad’s best memory happened at Nats park. 

Im drunk and hopeful. :)

Gonna watch this and bourbon

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

So Nats Park is going to ban backpacks in 2019. I know a few people comin' from work and need their backpacks which have they laptop and all. 

Thought about this for Wizards games, I know I can leave mine in the SOC or my managers desk and no one will mess with it.  

Kinda was thinking they should do something like lockers, but then if it was something they were worried about, it'd already be in the stadium.  You got an idea for yours if you plan to go straight there?  I don't have to because I work at Union Station and live at Huntington, could get home and back, but would be safer leaving an extra hour early and just seems rediculous to have to do that for anyone, let alone drive home, F that.

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Kinda crazy how we're in February and he's still unsigned.

At this point he might just return on a 1 year deal... "vet min plus incentives" LOL

also crazy is that Corbin is the only player to get a 100mil deal this offseason

players are making a lot of noise about this offseason being slow.

on a different note, Gio is still available. Maybe he takes a discount to come back and be the #5