Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Going into a mini-rebuild would let us take a shot on another young manager.

We might have to--an established manager wouldn't come here--and my not anyway. I'm fine with someone like Beltran, who we pay for several years.

• Like 2

I wanted to trade Harper last year because I didn't think he would re-sign here. I don't want to trade Rendon unless he makes it clear he won't re-sign. 

Don't think we know for sure what was offered for Harper last year, but from what I remember it wasn't much because of the upcoming free agency. I think Rendon is a better player but what would we get for him? 

He's 28, not too old to fit into a rebuild. Since 2017 he's a .300+ average, .900+ OPS guy who plays great defense at 3rd. Pay the man. 

Trade everyone else but the young guys and Corbin. To get to 90 wins we need to play at a 100+ win pace, this isn't a 100+ win team even with perfect health.

Trading Scherzer is incredibly depressing but he's valuable. Same with Strasburg though I don't know how the 2019/2020 opt outs affect his trade value. Doolittle. Move any of the other bullpen guys for literally anything. Maybe keep Eaton because he's cheap and with the recent injury history I'm not sure how valuable he is. 

• Like 2

all they gotta do is keep it real.

first thing you do is make a call on Rizzo. If he's out, find his replacement

have whoever is the GM dismiss Martinez and put anybody who has value up for trade minus Soto & Robles.

start the rebuild, do it right, pain be damned. hopefully in 2 years, we're back ready to compete

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I could swear Ross gave him a shoulder bump on his way out the game

Yup saw that too. Was surprised FP didn’t say something about it because he was commenting about how pissed Ross looked. 

56 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

This team is more painful than the Redskins.  

Pain is completely derived from one source: high expectations. 

Once you divorce yourself from expectations, DC sports become way easier to watch. The highs aren’t as high, but the lows also aren’t nearly as low. And there are a goddamn lotta lows in DC sports. 

• Like 2