Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

These are the games where i pour myself a drink and go read the opposing team’s SB Nation game thread comments. 

source.gif

I'm more of a Reddit post-game thread kind of guy, but yes.

Last night was awesome. Also, like a bad lose. They need to forget about it and move on. The planets aren't going to align like that again tonight. Corbin needs to pitch well and the Nats need to be smart about moving from station to station and doing all the little things. The Braves are too good to give away two in a row at home. A split now would feel just ok. Get that W tonight and maybe we're looking at a series win.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:10 PM, CRobi21 said:

baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

That cakewalk portion you described included stints against the Phillies (who were in 2nd place at the time and got swept so bad they fell to 3rd) and the Braves (who were in first place most of that run and who the Nats have gone 4-3 against during said stretch). And by the way? Some of those losses were pretty close. So again, I struggle to see the complaining about them going through a "cakewalk" especially when they dominated a good team like Atlanta last night.

I mean, I'm trying to be polite here but calling their play since May 24th a "cakewalk" is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on this message board, I **** you not. There is zero merit to this accusation especially with the level of talent they have played during that stretch.

• Like 1

Time to put on our big boy pants these next three games. Corbin vs Teheran and Sanchez vs Soroka. We should have a slight pitching edge tonight and a slight disadvantage tomorrow. Sunday is shaping up to be Voth vs Kevin Gausman (being activated off IL with a 6+ ERA this season). Need to find a way to win 2 of the next 3 at a minimum. Some way. Splitting the series after last night's domination would be a massive failure. 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

That cakewalk portion you described included stints against the Phillies (who were in 2nd place at the time and got swept so bad they fell to 3rd) and the Braves (who were in first place most of that run and who the Nats have gone 4-3 against during said stretch). And by the way? Some of those losses were pretty close. So again, I struggle to see the complaining about them going through a "cakewalk" especially when they dominated a good team like Atlanta last night.

I mean, I'm trying to be polite here but calling their play since May 24th a "cakewalk" is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on this message board, I **** you not. There is zero merit to this accusation especially with the level of talent they have played during that stretch.

Nats faced four good teams during that stretch.  They split with SD and AZ, beat on the Phillies who've been in a tailspin till the Dodgers series, and then went 5-2 against the Braves, but also lost the home stand.  While they've been very impressive since May 24th, it's not inaccurate to say that their W-L is inflated due to easy teams during that schedule.

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

Nats faced four good teams during that stretch.  They split with SD and AZ, beat on the Phillies who've been in a tailspin till the Dodgers series, and then went 5-2 against the Braves, but also lost the home stand.  While they've been very impressive since May 24th, it's not inaccurate to say that their W-L is inflated due to easy teams during that schedule.

That doesn't sound like a cakewalk to me. Besides, even if your argument is true, why is it suddenly so bad that the Nationals are playing well? They beat the teams they were supposed to beat, Martinez saved his job for now, and they are actually beating good teams like Atlanta. So again, what's wrong with that?

It just seems like ya'll like to whine and complain about everything. Teams have bad games. Orioles pounded Washington 9-1. It's not optimal, it's not good, but it's one game. The Nats went on and pounded Atlanta in return. Atlanta is not a cakewalk.

I would much rather see the Nationals winning, cakewalk or not, than struggling and seeing a bullpen implode. The Nationals were once the 2nd worst team in baseball only to the Marlins. This new Nationals team since May 24th has been much more pleasant to watch. I don't see how the team playing better since then is a bad thing, but hey, people just like to whine and **** and moan, I guess.

"BUT LE BULLPEN BAD WE'LL NEVER WIN A PLAYOFF SERIES WITH DAVEY"

😂

Edited by ixcuincle

19 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

That doesn't sound like a cakewalk to me. Besides, even if your argument is true, why is it suddenly so bad that the Nationals are playing well? They beat the teams they were supposed to beat, Martinez saved his job for now, and they are actually beating good teams like Atlanta. So again, what's wrong with that?

It just seems like ya'll like to whine and complain about everything. Teams have bad games. Orioles pounded Washington 9-1. It's not optimal, it's not good, but it's one game. The Nats went on and pounded Atlanta in return. Atlanta is not a cakewalk.

I would much rather see the Nationals winning, cakewalk or not, than struggling and seeing a bullpen implode. The Nationals were once the 2nd worst team in baseball only to the Marlins. This new Nationals team since May 24th has been much more pleasant to watch. I don't see how the team playing better since then is a bad thing, but hey, people just like to whine and **** and moan, I guess.

"BUT LE BULLPEN BAD WE'LL NEVER WIN A PLAYOFF SERIES WITH DAVEY"

😂

Davey made another bad bullpen decision in the O's game.  People complained.  You said Nats have the best record since May 24th.  CRobi21 (correctly) pointed out that it was the cakewalk portion of the schedule (not the same as Braves are a cakewalk).  Which is fine.  If you have championship aspirations, you're supposed to dominate the cakewalk portion and I doubt Nats of April and early May would've done anything of the sort.  But everything is not sunshine and unicorns just because they've been winning.  The bullpen and Davey's use of them is still a big red flag.  And we're about to find out whether it will be much of an issue in the long run against better competition.

No one here said they like seeing Nats lose or hate the baseball they've been playing since May 24, so enjoy arguing against that strawman all by yourself.  

• Confused 1

Stephen Strasburg is doing dorky dances in the dugout, Gerardo Parra and Anibel Sanchez are proudly wearing pink and yellow sunglasses on the bench that Elton John wouldn't be caught dead in, Anthony Rendon is hitting more doubles than McDonald's sells hamburgers, Juan Soto has people asking Bryce who?, they just curb-stomped the Atlanta Braves, and they've had the best record in baseball the last month and a half.   Quit yer ****in'.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

Which is fine.  If you have championship aspirations, you're supposed to dominate the cakewalk portion and I doubt Nats of April and early May would've done anything of the sort. 

So then if we agree why are we arguing. They dominated the "cakewalk" (still don't know how @CRobi21 could even bring that up with all the talented teams they faced during that stretch) as they should have. Now people are whining just because of one 9-1 loss?

Ya'll DC fans too trigger happy. Smh.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Stephen Strasburg is doing dorky dances in the dugout, Gerardo Parra and Anibel Sanchez are proudly wearing pink and yellow sunglasses on the bench that Elton John wouldn't be caught dead in, Anthony Rendon is hitting more doubles than McDonald's sells hamburgers, Juan Soto has people asking Bryce who?, they just curb-stomped the Atlanta Braves, and they've had the best record in baseball the last month and a half.   Quit yer ****in'.

I'm telling you it's the DC sports fan that brings up the bullpen mismanagement and whines incessantly and makes excuses. "THIS TEAM IS NOT THAT GOOD THEY JUST BEAT UP ON CUPCAKES AND CAKEWALK" like, be happy for the ****ing team, ****. Again, I would much rather we be over .500 than under .500. That simple. If this team is bad, say it's bad. I'm not saying to be a homer and ignore all logic and reason. But this team has played SIGNIFICANTLY better since May 24th and is the hottest ****ing team in baseball still since that point. Is that really something to complain about? Man yall put your pitchforks away and stop overreacting to every loss like it's the end of the world. There 162 games. Trust me. It's better for your physical and mental health. Less blood pressure spikes.

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:
So then if we agree why are we arguing. They dominated the "cakewalk" (still don't know how @CRobi21 could even bring that up with all the talented teams they faced during that stretch) as they should have. Now people are whining just because of one 9-1 loss?

Ya'll DC fans too trigger happy. Smh.

Cause DC fans are Charlie Brown and DC Sports is Lucy 😂 Hey, I hope your optimism is spot on and all the nitpicking prove to be bunch of unwarranted negativity.  I'll gladly raise a pint in toast of that 🍻

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Man, the 12 year old me would've been all over that like Donkey Kong.

6kzO.gif

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Elton John saw those sunglasses and became immediately and aggressively erect. 

I already signed my 4 year old Jr. Nat up for this.  

Early campaigning for father of the year?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Early campaigning for father of the year?

I also got an email saying my 4 year old was RANDOMLY SELECTED to view batting practice on the field.  Sure, it's a Monday game that I now need to buy 3 tickets to, but RANDOMLY SELECTED.

(It says "take part in Nationals batting practice", but I assume they mean watch it, not TAKE batting practice because my daughter is 4 and can't hit for ****. )

image.thumb.png.58f3734a9684d33b5f4284ca8a69070b.png

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I also got an email saying my 4 year old was RANDOMLY SELECTED to view batting practice on the field.  Sure, it's a Monday game that I now need to buy 3 tickets to, but RANDOMLY SELECTED.

image.thumb.png.58f3734a9684d33b5f4284ca8a69070b.png

Dad!

• Haha 1