Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

We all know he's a great guy, but Morse isn't cut out for commentating. He can barely put sentences together, you'd think he was a retired football player or boxer.

This causes Bob to try to pick up the slack....

Woof. Tough listen.

Edited by CRobi21

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

why is Bear Claw still on this roster?

Was at the game. The groans when he was warming up were rough. He must have heard them.

Should be DFA'd now. 

Also it sure felt AZ had the Nats scouted very well. They knew when to swing to get good contact on Stras all day. I'm wondering why Gomes is still playing this much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Was at the game. The groans when he was warming up were rough. He must have heard them.

Should be DFA'd now. 

Also it sure felt AZ had the Nats scouted very well. They knew when to swing to get good contact on Stras all day. I'm wondering why Gomes is still playing this much.

Gomes has been a massive disappointment. I could live with the offensive woes, but he's also been pretty **** as a catcher. Suzuki should be the clear #1 and only sit when he needs rest

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Anyone got a subscription? 

on Scherzer:

deferrals in his deal make him attractive to big & small spenders. Rizzo saying no for now, and that he's never been closer to a player in his career. Drafting him when he was working for Arizona.  Would obviously be the prize of the trade deadline if moved.

nothing really new on Rendon: he wants to be here, Nats want to keep him here. Not many contenders need a 3rd baseman at the moment and a deal would likely only be a rental as Boras prefers to let the open market set Rendon's price.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Thanks 1

Forgot to mention that yesterday I was in the club level. Rizzo came through saying hello to basically every employee by their name and giving hugs to some. Wish I had the balls to say something like "I believe in you, but come on man"

Suzuki SHOULD be the everyday starter Gomes seems out of sync with all the pitchers. 

A split...meh. The real games begin this week with the Phillies and Braves. We really need to take 3/4 from the Phils and 2/3 from the Braves to try to get back into this. If we're below .500 this week Rizzo should start going into sell mode.

• Like 1