Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I can’t believe it was a called mound visit that got Davey all hot and bothered finally. A little emotion was nice to see, too bad it was wasted on THAT. And still moving 2/3 of his OF around to get MAT in CF. 

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I can’t believe it was a called mound visit that got Davey all hot and bothered finally. A little emotion was nice to see, too bad it was wasted on THAT. And still moving 2/3 of his OF around to get MAT in CF. 

the fact that i could read his lips and he was literally saying "bullcrap" instead of bull****, perfectly optimizes the type of guy I think Davey happens to be

leaving Jennings in to face Hoskins was not a moment of brilliance either

Edited by StillUnknown

8 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Umpires....

This road trip should be the nail in the coffin for this coaching staff.

You got that right.

Maybe Rizzo can banish the staff half-way through in Milwaukee, leave without them on the way to LA.

Edited by Metalhead

Did you read his quotes after the game.  It seems to me Davey actually relies on metrics too much?  He is not like Dusty and goes by feel.  He basically said it was predetermine he would take out Helly based on analytics if the situation came up vs actually looking at how his pitcher was doing 

9 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Did you read his quotes after the game.  It seems to me Davey actually relies on metrics too much?  He is not like Dusty and goes by feel.  He basically said it was predetermine he would take out Helly based on analytics if the situation came up vs actually looking at how his pitcher was doing 

I have no problem with him pulling Helickson against Harper to put in the lefty.  But why leave Jennings in to face Hoskins?

45 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Hellickson was CRUISING in the game. Yeah, he could have shot the bed there, but to assume he crumbles is stupid. He EARNED the right to face Harper. But Davey takes him out because. 

I can see either way. Hellickson was money last night but he also doesn’t have a great recent track record against Harper. Davey is probably crushed if he leaves him in and Harper hits a tying HR off of him. 

8 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I can see either way. Hellickson was money last night but he also doesn’t have a great recent track record against Harper. Davey is probably crushed if he leaves him in and Harper hits a tying HR off of him. 

It was lose/lose for Davey unless it works. He's the mix of bad luck and bad decisions. It was take a focused effort to be worse some games. 

When it comes to this pen and matchups. **** that. Give me the best pitcher on enough rest that you have available. That's it. This pen isn't good enough to do anything else. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

There are no guarantees in sports, and sometimes things don’t work out. 

Well there is ONE guarantee. Nothing will ever work out in the Nats favor.

And another.

Adams will be a lockdown reliever by year's end.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1