Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I honestly feel the same way about Suero. I love his mid-90s cutter.

Yeah, I remember saying earlier in the year that he was one of our most talented relievers. He just doesn't have the arm to pitch every night with any degree of consistency.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, I remember saying earlier in the year that he was one of our most talented relievers. He just doesn't have the arm to pitch every night with any degree of consistency.

I think he gets away from his cutter too quickly. He gets into trouble with his 2ndard stuff. He has a 3.10 FIP, 10.2 K/9. He has the stuff, just needs to put it together.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Question about calculating our magic number:

Does it drop twice if BOTH the Brewers and Cubs lose, or only once? 

Just once. We need the Cubs to continue to lose. I don't really care about Home Field in the WC. It's proven to be no advantage at all.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Just once. We need the Cubs to continue to lose. I don't really care about Home Field in the WC. It's proven to be no advantage at all.

Thank you. I see now that the magic number only relates to the team and one other at a given time. Basically, whoever it is that could feasibly keep them out. 

So, tomorrow we're seeking to get it down to 3. Currently, there are approximately 16 opportunities for that number to drop 5 times. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Forehead said:

That's why I kept preaching calm when some of you were about to throw yourselves off the ledge.  The odds were ever in our favor.

Exactly. Also the Cubs just aren't that good and I still think the Brewers are due a bit of a down spiral, although their schedule may not allow it...until we ether them in the Wild Card game. Which like riggo said, makes no difference to me whether its at home or away. In fact, looking at our postseason history, I'd prefer it be away anyway.

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Exactly. Also the Cubs just aren't that good and I still think the Brewers are due a bit of a down spiral, although their schedule may not allow it...until we ether them in the Wild Card game. Which like riggo said, makes no difference to me whether its at home or away. In fact, looking at our postseason history, I'd prefer it be away anyway.

While they're not winning teams the Reds are pesky--they can pitch. And they have to play in Colorado, which is the worst place to play baseball.

Bo Porter talking pregame about adjusting from coach to analyst, watching games in the studio and reacting to decisions being made:

"We sit here in the studio and see the moves we make and I'm like "Noooooooooo"."  

Davey probably not going anywhere with the run we've made, but I wouldn't mind Bo Porter getting an opportunity.