Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So, thoughts on Davey at this point?  

I want to be proven wrong, but still don't think he's the guy.  Over reliance on Doolittle is a big red flag imo.

Please prove me wrong

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I want to be proven wrong, but still don't think he's the guy.  Over reliance on Doolittle is a big red flag imo.

Please prove me wrong

You can only get so creative when you have an unreliable bullpen and are desperately trying to make up the ground we need to. 

Impact of managers is wildly overstated BUT a team can clearly turn on a manager and just quit... like they did with Matt Williams. This team could have folded after getting swept by the Mets. Instead we’re back to .500 and the team is having fun. I don’t think that happens with a bad manager. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

If Zimm gets a hit tonight, I will **** my pants. If he hits a HR, I will eat my **** filled pants.

Don’t eat them. Just drop them into the wash. And wash them twice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Only 1.5 back of the Wild Card.

As Stevie Czaban would say...lets go have ourselves a season.

Game on boys.

Also I think 14 games left against Atlanta. Other than the two frustrating games against them last week that we win with a half decent bullpen, we’ve owned them so far. 

Rizzo, you have your orders. Go get us a championship level bullpen. Let’s do this. 

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

**** it. Keep playing like this, go get MadBum.

I really like our rotation (including depth) so don’t feel like we have a huge need for Bumgarner. Same with position depth and bench, absolutely zero needs there. Credit to Rizzo, our only glaring weakness has been bullpen and that’s generally the easiest to fix. 

If we can keep getting consistent quality relief appearances from guys like Rodney and Suero, our list of needs could become literally one: get a closer. A guy that can lock it down in the 8th or 9th depending on Doolittle’s usage (what Rosenthal was supposed to be). 

I feel like a couple good relief arms, a rock solid #4 SP and one more really seasoned and consistent bat could turn this into a 2015 Mets-esque season for us.

That's a lot of work to get done at the deadline, but it could also come in the form of Zimmerman, Fedde, Voth, Suero and Rainey producing at a high level along with a move or two.