Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

17 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I'm sick of Ryan Zimmerman.  Zero leadership.  His quotes tell he isn't a freaking leader.  

In one of the Nats promo commercials from two or three years ago Zimm even says "I'm not a rah-rah guy". He and Rizzo have been the only constants through the entire run of good seasons which all ended in failure one way or another. This is likely Zimm's last season anyway unless he comes back for a minimal contract or maybe clean house and make him the first base coach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm so emotionally divested in this team. I'm past being angry or frustrated. This team is dead. I'm already looking ahead...

Baseball season is less than 1/4 over and I’m honestly more interested in the Redskins at this point. 

Please send help.

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm so emotionally divested in this team. I'm past being angry or frustrated. This team is dead. I'm already looking ahead...

Same here. I've already started the sell-off, free agency, and salary scenarios in my head.

What sucks most of all is the manager situation. Davey needs to go but Rizzo can't drop the axe because it admits he whiffed on a manager for the third time in a row. Plus it shows that managers only have two seasons and a short leash, so no good manager will come here. A manager like Girardi would probably want four or five years with no options.

Edited by Metalhead

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

doesn't help when all these Dusty pieces floating around the internetz at the moment

Ownership got that one wrong

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1