Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

**** it. I have no ****ing clue what to make of this team

Suero might be that guy. 

We have a decent but inconsistent offense and strong starting pitching. The bullpen sucks and the manager leaves much to be desired.

If Davey figures things out and we acquire a pen arm(or three), we could win 90 games.

If not, we could struggle to go .500.

Should be a fun summer...

• Like 2

I've been backing Suero all year. He could be A Guy to Trust going forward. Doolittle is obviously a beast. Joe Ross and Austen Williams are going to make an impact, I think. Ross has his stuff still, his command was just off in his first appearance. 

We really need Barraclough to be the guy we paid for. He gave up one costly single yesterday but did manage to minimize the damage afterward. He does that a lot, which isn't ideal, but he's better than Rosenthal and Grace in that he gets outs when he comes in. What a staggeringly high bar! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I've been backing Suero all year. He could be A Guy to Trust going forward. Doolittle is obviously a beast. Joe Ross and Austen Williams are going to make an impact, I think. Ross has his stuff still, his command was just off in his first appearance. 

We really need Barraclough to be the guy we paid for. He gave up one costly single yesterday but did manage to minimize the damage afterward. He does that a lot, which isn't ideal, but he's better than Rosenthal and Grace in that he gets outs when he comes in. What a staggeringly high bar! 

I saw a stat that said every single one of Barraclough's inherited runners have scored. small sample size, but damn

• Like 1

heres my son with howies game winner.

20190413_182949.jpg.fb9e3ccdc5d50416c2c4e7b759cf21e8.jpg

i definitely had a least a 50/50 shot of taking her out and making off with the goods. she looks like she plays alot of softball, so maybe 25/75, realistically, even with the wheelchair. 

pretty sure i could have gotten away from ol' willie stargell, there, though. 

Edited by grego
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, grego said:

i definitely had a least a 50/50 shot of taking her out and making off with the goods. she looks like she plays alot of softball, so maybe 25/75, realistically, even with the wheelchair. 

I dunno man, she looks pretty spry

That was a cool moment at the park yesterday. All within a few minutes, Eaton hits the game tying homer and just then they flash the Caps final score on the scoreboard.  The roar grows as people see the Caps score and in the midst of that cheering Howie hits the game winner.  Quite a party. 

• Like 1