Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

20 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

We'll see. Owners, GMs, agents all say all kinds of things. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Here's hoping because that doesn't look good especially after last year.  Hopefully it's just postering. Both guys are very valuable to this franchise and hopefully things do work out.

• Like 1

Rendon to PHI makes zero sense. 

Doesn't strike me as someone who's looking for a record breaking contract like Harper was. And he'd HATE the attention that came along with that.

He loves being home in Texas. Pretty sure he goes home every chance he gets. Rangers makes sense if he were to sign elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Reports saying now the Phillies are going to pursue Rendon, luxury tax be damned lol

That was Bob Nightengale and Jon Heyman, Boras mouthpieces. It's not a coincidence that came out after Lerner said they couldn't afford both.

• Like 2

Just got done the WS documentary. Very well done. Can tell the player interviews were conducted while the series was still going on. 

There was plenty of HOU stuff involved but I didnt mind it knowing now that its a WS doc. It was pretty even split though I'd say as far as coverage goes.

Cried again. Davey recounting the final out.... It will get all of you.

Hope MLB makes a separate full season documentary as well.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Just got done the WS documentary. Very well done. Can tell the player interviews were conducted while the series was still going on. 

There was plenty of HOU stuff involved but I didnt mind it knowing now that its a WS doc. It was pretty even split though I'd say as far as coverage goes.

Cried again. Davey recounting the final out.... It will get all of you.

Hope MLB makes a separate full season documentary as well.

I put it on my Christmas list, so I’m hoping to get it Christmas morning! 😁 

I agree I hope the MLB makes a separate full season one as well. They most likely will, wouldn’t they? Who made the caps full season documentary, the NHL? Or the caps? 

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I put it on my Christmas list, so I’m hoping to get it Christmas morning! 😁 

I agree I hope the MLB makes a separate full season one as well. They most likely will, wouldn’t they? Who made the caps full season documentary, the NHL? Or the caps? 

My Christmas list consists of 80% Nats WS stuff, 10% cigars, 10% barbecue tools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Lids and a couple of others stores mentioned to me they have received their last shipments of WS gear.  I barely found a cap i wanted.  

I am looking for a curly W with a red top and blue brim and i can't find anything.  Anyone know where to look?

Check newera.com for hats. I got the inverse of that: the blue with red brim. Fanatics.com and MLB shop are the best places I've found.

41 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Lots to unpack here...

Why Rendon should come to Philly:

-besties with Harper ← In what world?
-bigger market ← Technically, No. I believe DC is a bigger market but a few spots
-no deferred money ← This could be true - also means Philly would have so much tied up in two guys that aren't pitchers
-gets out of Soto’s/Scherzer’s shadow ← Knows nothing of Rendon who skipped his 1st AS game because he loves the shadows
-WS win with Philly puts him in the HOF ← Is Rendon supposed to pitch for Philly too? Ain't winning a WS losing games 6-5
-stupid money 💰 #Phillies #RingTheBell

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

Every time I see this thread at the top of the forum I hope that it's good news about Rendon or Strasburg.

I am disappoint.

last couple of years, free agency overall has been slow all around the league. big names are signing later and later. I do expect Stras to be the 1st or 2nd of the big names to sign

10 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Lids and a couple of others stores mentioned to me they have received their last shipments of WS gear.  I barely found a cap i wanted.  

I am looking for a curly W with a red top and blue brim and i can't find anything.  Anyone know where to look?

Hatland.com usually has great selection.

9 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Why Rendon should come to Philly:

-besties with Harper ← In what world?
-bigger market ← Technically, No. I believe DC is a bigger market but a few spots
-no deferred money ← This could be true - also means Philly would have so much tied up in two guys that aren't pitchers
-gets out of Soto’s/Scherzer’s shadow ← Knows nothing of Rendon who skipped his 1st AS game because he loves the shadows
-WS win with Philly puts him in the HOF ← Is Rendon supposed to pitch for Philly too? Ain't winning a WS losing games 6-5
-stupid money 💰 #Phillies #RingTheBell

Rendon, I would imagine, would want nothing more than NOT to play with Harper again.  

Bigger market?  Rendon is the most unassuming star ever.  He truly doesn’t give a **** about market size.

Get out of Soto’s shadow?  Let’s be honest, he has benefitted greatly batting in front of Soto.  

So a WS in Philly gets him into HOF but winning one with the Nats doesn’t mean ****?? Lol Maybe this idiot means Philly’s ring of fame.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

Every time I see this thread at the top of the forum I hope that it's good news about Rendon or Strasburg.

I am disappoint.

That'll get a thread title change.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Bump for no reason. 

This. So much this.