Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, clskinsfan said:

We got our playoff ace tomorrow night. If we leave Houston up 2-0 IT IS OVER. We wont sweep that team. They are too good. But go up 2-0 and you are going to win.

96 WS Braves went up 2-0 in NY and then went back home and proceeded to lose series 4-2 so never say it’s over until it’s over!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, -JB- said:

96 WS Braves went up 2-0 in NY and then went back home and proceeded to lose series 4-2 so never say it’s over until it’s over!!!!

Awe man. That is some bad JuJu! Yeah. It can happen. But I dont think it will to this team. Lets just get the win tomorrow night and worry about it then. :)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Rainey will redeem himself later in this series, i have no doubt

loved Davey bringing in Hudson when he did. he has a pretty good track record of stranding runners, even though he let one in

Bringing in your best reliever at the biggest time in the game was a great decision.  

Rainey needs to go work on getting the slider closer to the zone.

Rainey will redeem himself later in this series, i have no doubt

loved Davey bringing in Hudson when he did. he has a pretty good track record of stranding runners, even though he let one in

Davey has some Randy Wittman in him. 

Wtf moments in the regular season. Come postseason time, he's $$$. And his team will die hardddd for him. 

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I’m starting to get the sneaking suspicion that Juan Soto was built in a laboratory 🔬 🧫 🧪 🤔🧐🤓

Im starting to think Juan Soto will have at least 1 building built in DC in his honor. 

Perhaps it also will be a laboratory? Whatever he wants.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Our batters have to have all the confidence to return from a break like that and get the hits they did. Oh and Stras is going to DEAL tomorrow. I think we come back 2-0. Our team just has that IT factor. And Juan Soto is just insane. 

Juan stunting on the best pitcher in baseball right now was such a relief to see. He's been hot and cold this postseason but came through for us today. 

Max ****ing battled tonight man. Performances like this are almost as memorable as the dominating gems. he clearly didn't have his best location, only had 1 clean inning I think, but he ****ing battled when the Astros threatened the most. Love that guy man

This is the most encouraging aspect of this game to me.  The nats have floated on a happy cloud of great pitching, but tonight gutted out a win against Goliath without their best stuff.  Washington’s bats beat their ace, and the astros legendary offense couldn’t dig them out despite digging into the Nats bullpen fairly early in the contest.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Max with probably his worst outting this postseason (did he ever find his slider?), and still got the win. And Davey was great again tonight. Don't want to jinx, but he's gotta be up for Manager of the postseason so far

I think he’s got to be it based on what he did prior to tonight.  A 1% chance of playoffs and you get to World Series?  Like wtf lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

This is the most encouraging aspect of this game to me.  The nats have floated on a happy cloud of great pitching, but tonight gutted out a win against Goliath without their best stuff.  Washington’s bats beat their ace, and the astros legendary offense couldn’t dig them out despite digging into the Nats bullpen fairly early in the contest.  

Not in a million years did I expect us to win a game like this one. At best, I hoped we could steal one late.

They crushed my expectations, as always.