Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

6 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Ya just looked at "TickPick" and the same seats as stubhub are $400 more on tickpick. guessing thats the fees

Some kind of new regulation really needs to happen with these resale sites

If people are willing to pay a premium price for the experience of going to the game, more power to the resale sites.  Supply and demand, baby 😎

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

i dont do reality television, but i would most definitely watch a series on Mr. & Mrs Doolittle

Oh look!  She doth haveth a blue verification check next to her profile pic!  She must standeth upon her soapbox and exclaim her utmost every thought to the Twitter-verse!  

Daft ****.

Edited by -JB-
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Can we all at least agree, that this debate between starting Max and Stras is one of the best problems a team could have?

It’s not even a problem.  

Another thing to consider: max and Stras are actually competent batters, and having one of them start at home gives you a little boost to the lineup.  

If I’m setting this up, i feel like we need to win 3 of the 4 starts for Max and Stras.  You have Corbin and Sanchez for the other three.  Figure out how to maximize the percentages.

The only other option is if you want to plan on starting either ace on short rest.  Which I wouldn’t do since you have 2 other legitimate starters.

In the 2001 Was, the diamondbacks went 

Shilling

Johnson

random dude 

Shilling

random dude

Johnson

Shilling

Because basically they only had 2 starters.  

The nats don't have to do that.  

• Like 1

Bo Porter said something which was amazing.  He said at 19-31 there were no finger pointing or any media leaks unlike one team we know.  This team never worried all year. Davey reminds of a Gibbs maybe not the offensive genius but guys will run through a wall for him. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

They aren't selling public tickets this year

Your only chance is third party sites

I purchased tickets yesterday and most of them are gone. Sorry ES folk.

There are tickets still available throughout the park for each game.

Each game has ~10-12 sections sold out

Edited by stoshuaj

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

Bo Porter said something which was amazing.  He said at 19-31 there were no finger pointing or any media leaks unlike one team we know.  This team never worried all year. Davey reminds of a Gibbs maybe not the offensive genius but guys will run through a wall for him. 

Ok, so which one is super smart and fighting his guts out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going to toss out a bizarre alternative to Stras or scherzer game 1.

1. Sanchez -10/22 away

2. Scherzer - 10/23 away

3. stras - 10/25 home

4. Corbin - 10/26 home

5. Sanchez - 10/27 home 

6. Scherzer - 10/29 away

7. Stras - 10/30 away

I think everybody would be on regular rest.  And that gives Stras a start at home.  And it sets up Scherz and Stras for games 6 and 7 if necessary.

bizarre, I know.  

Um

if we go 7 great

if you only go 5 or 6 you’re option to give Sanchez 2 starts and stras only 1. Maybe 2 for sherzer maybe only 1. 

don’t like when you can’t guarantee 7 games. 

• Like 1

Couldn’t you go

stras, max, Sanchez, stras, max, Corbin (and whoever can pitch whatever either their rest)?

Stras pitches short rest second time but only by a day. Sherzer gets full rest cause of travel day right? And all hands game 7 knowing you tried to end it earlier but had a backup plan with Corbin and Sanchez with stras able to pitch a few outs

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

What do you mean by this?  Available where?

If I could I would go to Game 5 since it would be on my birthday. But plans for my bday were already made in advance. :(

There some tickets still available for that game. 

https://www.vividseats.com/mlb-baseball/washington-nationals-tickets/nationals-10-29-3211212.html

16 minutes ago, zskins said:

If I could I would go to Game 5 since it would be on my birthday. But plans for my bday were already made in advance. :(

There some tickets still available for that game. 

https://www.vividseats.com/mlb-baseball/washington-nationals-tickets/nationals-10-29-3211212.html

we all know that lol.  we are asking from the team dude!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/davey-martinez-tells-great-story-gerardo-parras-rise-baby-shark?fbclid=IwAR3woVyqnxw3MIpl-7qQEVDHQQnNgAqrePYK3XiJ9qscpDda1xUE9hc6pYI

I don't care who wins the ALCS, as long as it goes 7 games.