Riggo#44

***2019 Miracle Nationals WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS***

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Also works for Patrick Corbin.

 

I will say this about all these "reports," how many times have we seen talking heads say "XX team is OUT on YY player." Only for XX team to end up signing YY player--weren't the Red Sox out on Martinez at one point last year?

 

Heck, Stephen Strasburg was gone.  He had his bags packed for the West Coast.  Right up until he re-signed with the Nats.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

1b: Ryan Zimmerman 

2b: Trea Turner

SS: Wilmer Difo

3b: Anthony Rendon

RF: Bryce Harper

LF: Juan Soto

CF: Victor Robles

Catcher :Yan Gomes

 

 

Turner would be at SS... Unless something happened that I wasn't aware of.  

 

Rumor is were talking to Dozier, that would truly signal to me that ownership is all in if we could land that guy to a couple year deal while Kieboom keeps grooming. 

Edited by OVCChairman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

 

 

Turner would be at SS... Unless something happened that I wasn't aware of.  

 

Rumor is were talking to Dozier, that would truly signal to me that ownership is all in if we could land that guy to a couple year deal while Kieboom keeps grooming. 

 

I wouldn't want Dozier for more than a year. Kieboom is pretty ready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

 

 

Turner would be at SS... Unless something happened that I wasn't aware of.  

 

Rumor is were talking to Dozier, that would truly signal to me that ownership is all in if we could land that guy to a couple year deal while Kieboom keeps grooming. 

You're right. My fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

I wouldn't want Dozier for more than a year. Kieboom is pretty ready.

 

 

Same here, but our window is closing.  Dozier walks in an is better than Kieboom right now.  With the age of our SP rotation, it would appear that the team is looking at 2019 as a WS type season.  Dozier likely doesn't sign a 1 year deal, so I think 2 would be the min needed to sign him with the hopes that in that 2 year window, we're celebrating a championship at Nats Park.  I also think that's why we went back after Adams and are now pushing harder for Bryce. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

 

 

Same here, but our window is closing.  Dozier walks in an is better than Kieboom right now.  With the age of our SP rotation, it would appear that the team is looking at 2019 as a WS type season.  Dozier likely doesn't sign a 1 year deal, so I think 2 would be the min needed to sign him with the hopes that in that 2 year window, we're celebrating a championship at Nats Park.  I also think that's why we went back after Adams and are now pushing harder for Bryce. 

 

Is Dozeir better right now? He did not have a good year last year at all. Give him a bounce back chance this year.

 

The age of our rotation is worrisome. Need Fedde and Ross to take steps forward, Denaburg to develop, and someone like Crowe, Cate, Irving to surprise, or Romero to get his head out of his ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

 

 

Same here, but our window is closing.  Dozier walks in an is better than Kieboom right now.  With the age of our SP rotation, it would appear that the team is looking at 2019 as a WS type season.  Dozier likely doesn't sign a 1 year deal, so I think 2 would be the min needed to sign him with the hopes that in that 2 year window, we're celebrating a championship at Nats Park.  I also think that's why we went back after Adams and are now pushing harder for Bryce. 

the window might be closing for our pitching but our window is wide open for our offense.  You can buy pitching, you can't buy bats. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Is Dozeir better right now? He did not have a good year last year at all. Give him a bounce back chance this year.

 

The age of our rotation is worrisome. Need Fedde and Ross to take steps forward, Denaburg to develop, and someone like Crowe, Cate, Irving to surprise, or Romero to get his head out of his ass.

 

 

Ya know you're not wrong.  me PERSONALLY... I'd rather see Kieboom at 2nd in spring training and if he appears he just can't handle it, you have Kendricks and Difo in pocket while Kieboom goes back down and gets more reps.  I would THINK that Dozier gets the 'nod' as far as being better simply because he's somewhat of a known commodity.   

 

His 162 game avg puts him at .246 / 28 hr / 83 RBIs.  That's OK.. to GOOD for a 2b (we were spoiled with our Wade Boggs 2.0 style Daniel Murphy) when you look at the rest of the roster.  I don't know that Kieboorm will give us that, at least not the power numbers.... THIS YEAR.  He may get his legs come July / Aug and trend toward these, but I would wonder if he could do 15 hr and 40 RBIs before the all star break.  If were confident he can do that, than I don't know why we don't just ride Kieboom / Difo / Hendricks with Hendricks being a utility guy. 

 

 

I agree with you about our rotation, but I also have to tell myself that pitchers are effective later in their careers because they do what Sanchez does and learn to pitch to soft contact.  Max and Stras are power pitchers, and Max appears to be a robot so who knows.  I want to also see Stras pitch 80% of a season on a regular basis before i'm 'comfortable.'  

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

the window might be closing for our pitching but our window is wide open for our offense.  You can buy pitching, you can't buy bats. 

 

 

With the contracts of our big 3 starters, that window is now, and buying pitching gets more difficult if these guys dont fulfill 60% of their contracts that remain.   This further pushes my concern about signing Harper if it means sacrificing Rendon / Turner, because those two are cornerstone type infielders who could play at a high level for the next 8-10 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Consider that if we do sign Bryce, Rendon is probably gone. It’s a buyer’s market for 2B this year and Dozier or Lowrie probably would be a bargain. Kieboom stays in the plans, but he shifts to 3B after Rendon departs. Would make sense to add a 2B this year. 

 

Dozier was not good last year but he has a nice track record. He’ll be cheap. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont why people assume Rendon is gone. Zimm is coming off he books.  That's almost 20M off he books there.  We can easily afford him.  Rendon is not getting anything more than 170.  Stop acting like he will be paid like a top player.   when you dont make the ASG, or win batting titles, you aren't getting paid.  

 

Rendon is barely a 20M player.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Consider that if we do sign Bryce, Rendon is probably gone. It’s a buyer’s market for 2B this year and Dozier or Lowrie probably would be a bargain. Kieboom stays in the plans, but he shifts to 3B after Rendon departs. Would make sense to add a 2B this year. 

 

Dozier was not good last year but he has a nice track record. He’ll be cheap. 

 

this is my worst fear... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i dont why people assume Rendon is gone. Zimm is coming off he books.  That's almost 20M off he books there.  We can easily afford him.  Rendon is not getting anything more than 170.  Stop acting like he will be paid like a top player.   when you dont make the ASG, or win batting titles, you aren't getting paid.  

 

Rendon is barely a 20M player.  

 

 

MLB GMs will trip over themselves to add Rendon if he hits free agency

 

He finished last year 11th in MVP voting... in 2017 he was 6th.  Above .300, 20+ hr with 92 and 100 RBIS.  

 

Manny Machado

 

2017 24 BAL AL 156 690 630 81 163 33 1 33 95 9 4 50 115 .259 .310 .471 .782 108 297 17 1 0 9 3 *5  
2018 25 TOT MLB 162 709 632 84 188 35 3 37 107 14 2 70 104 .297 .367 .538 .905 146 340 26 2 0 5 18 *65 A

 

 

 

Anthony Rendon

 

2017 27 WSN NL 147 605 508 81 153 41 1 25 100 7 2 84 82 .301 .403 .533 .937 139 271 7 7 0 6 6 *5 MVP-6
2018 28 WSN NL 136 597 529 88 163 44 2 24 92 2 1 55 82 .308 .374 .535 .909 137 283 5 5 0 8 5 *5
Edited by OVCChairman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony might be my favorite player, him or Max, but it's tough to make a call on him in 2019 with a season still to go. He may have an incredible campaign and legitimately price himself out, or do the exact opposite. 

 

If we win it all, our (and the Lerners') mindset will also be a little different. Let's focus on doing that and enjoy having the team together another for one more year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we do resign Bryce, I wonder if the plan is to give him or Soto time at 1st, and ease Zimm into the sunset this year instead of play him too much.    Or maybe they trade Eaton...

 

I'd hate to lose Eaton.  I think he's great, if he could only stay healthy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

If we do resign Bryce, I wonder if the plan is to give him or Soto time at 1st, and ease Zimm into the sunset this year instead of play him too much.    Or maybe they trade Eaton...

 

I'd hate to lose Eaton.  I think he's great, if he could only stay healthy... 

 

Same thoughts on Eaton. Seems like the best case scenario would be either Soto or Bryce turn out to be adequate at 1B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nationals are selling 6 game bobblehead packs so it is known there will be 6 bobbleheads this year. 

 

Soto

Turner

Scherzer

Eaton

Corbin

Player TBA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 12:47 PM, ixcuincle said:

The Nationals are selling 6 game bobblehead packs so it is known there will be 6 bobbleheads this year. 

 

Soto

Turner

Scherzer

Eaton

Corbin

Player TBA

 

Look at the dates. They also sell packs for weekends but a lot of these bobbles (maybe all of them) aren't on a weekend. Wish they'd do updated Racing Presidents and an Adult Screech. Not feeling Eaton or Corbin.

 

Soto is going to be on Ebay about 5min after gates open. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta have them on weekdays to drive attendance, weekends will be well attended anyway.

Player TBA = Bryce Harper or player signed with the money they would have spent on him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-signing Bryce is a “**** it, we’re winning now” move. No better time than 2019. 2020-2022 will likely be in play, though the likelihood diminishes as Max ages. Pray for health. Pray for parades. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member