Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Wow, wasn't aware of that fact. Thanks for the heads up. Just sick of a few folks (not you) spamming the board with negative (and also wrong) comments every 5 seconds. I'll sign off for the day.

Kinda just comes with the territory saying what's on their mind unfiltered, I'm used to it regardless of how I feel about it.  I look for your answer on what they were wrong about tomorrow.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

In theory, you're right.  But weird **** happens so much in baseball and several World Series winners have had some sketchy ass guys in their line up and BP.

Cardinals are the poster child for this.  On the other side of the coin, the Tigers about 2010 - 2014 were perfectly built for the postseason but could never win it all

So baseball is weird. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Fernando effing Rodney LOL come on Davey what are you doing

I’m stunned this is the only criticism of Martinez tonight in the Rodney situation.

After he miraculously got Bellinger out, Doolittle should have entered the game. This isn’t a hindsight criticism.

Martinez had a great game on Tuesday and then made a critical mistake there.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I’m stunned this is the only criticism of Martinez tonight in the Rodney situation.

After he miraculously got Bellinger out, Doolittle should have entered the game. This isn’t a hindsight criticism.

Martinez had a great game on Tuesday and then made a critical mistake there.

Nats weren’t scoring any runs anyway honestly.  Save Doolittle.

Edited by -JB-
  • Haha 1

So tonight's game is at 9:37pm. That pisses me off. IMO, that's insane for a playoff game...these are the games that should be scheduled to allow MORE fans to watch, not less.

I was only able to make it to the sixth or top of the seventh last night before I fell asleep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

So tonight's game is at 9:37pm. That pisses me off. IMO, that's insane for a playoff game...these are the games that should be scheduled to allow MORE fans to watch, not less.

I was only able to make it to the sixth or top of the seventh last night before I fell asleep.

So we shouldn’t care about the stadium goers?

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

So we shouldn’t care about the stadium goers?

I mean, they started yesterdays game before 9, that was what, 5:37 pacific time? You can only fit thousands in a stadium, millions of people watch it on tv.  I have same beef with nba playoffs, needs to be more compromise, especially for the most important gsmes like playoffs 

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That’s fair. I think it’s hard to do that midweek in LA.

From what I understand, LA set an attendance record or close to it, averaging roughly 49k a game...that's pretty much a sellout already. I'm pretty sure there were some day games in there.

8 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Cardinals are the poster child for this.  On the other side of the coin, the Tigers about 2010 - 2014 were perfectly built for the postseason but could never win it all 

So baseball is weird.  

San Francisco and Kansas City lineups that were nothing special during the season suddenly become a murderer's row in October.

You can give yourself a great chance to win by building up overpowering pitching even with a sketchy line up, but all it takes is one mistake from one of your studs to turn a series.  Thus weirdness will always be a part of baseball.  It's the one sport where I'm totally convinced that magic is a decisive factor in the outcome of a season.