Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am fretting the break will kill the momentum.  

Because that's the kind of thing I fret about.

There's an old saying in baseball: momentum is only as good as the next day's starting pitcher.

And with Scherzer/Stras/Corbin, we've got pretty damn good starting pitching.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Thread title updated, feeling it's appropriate...

That song is now stuck in all of your heads...MUAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I am a baaad man...

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 2

So I took a quick look at the Nats' schedule post-All Star break.  It is heavily weighted with games against Atlanta and Philadelphia.  Almost a third of the remaining games are against one of those two teams - 21 of the 72 remaining games

And they're stacked at the front end and back end of the remaining schedule.  Ten of the 19 games in July are against Philly or Atlanta.  NONE are in August.  Then 11 of  September's 27 games are against one of those two teams.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Thread title updated, feeling it's appropriate...

That song is now stuck in all of your heads...MUAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

My sister doesn't know what it was, showed her a clip of them playing it in the club and parents laughing like their kids had followed them : )

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So I took a quick look at the Nats' schedule post-All Star break.  It is heavily weighted with games against Atlanta and Philadelphia.  Almost a third of the remaining games are against one of those two teams - 21 of the 72 remaining games

And they're stacked at the front end and back end of the remaining schedule.  Ten of the 19 games in July are against Philly or Atlanta.  NONE are in August.  Then 11 of  September's 27 games are against one of those two teams.

I'm cool with that. If we handle business, we move on. We dont have to rely on anyone for help. Strengthen the penn and go get it ourselves

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm cool with that. If we handle business, we move on. We dont have to rely on anyone for help. Strengthen the penn and go get it ourselves

Braves are good, they will be difficult to catch. I want to kick the ever living **** out of the Phillies and their loudmouth douchebag fans. Send them back into hiding.

• Like 2

Boras is going what Boras does. They want the 8 year deal that pays around 32M that Arendo got in Colorado.

I say do it. It's not a 10 year deal or a 13 year deal. It's expensive but I still believe in that time they will break from MASN and get their own local deal that will cover that x3 with plenty to give guys like Turner, then Sato, then Robles long deals down the road.

Don't blink. Don't get cute. Just do it.