Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

18 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Rizzo may look to trade more/better prospects to get guys that aren't rentals.

Other than Luis Garcia and Carter Kieboom--who do we have? Tim Cate? international kids? I don't think we have the ammo for Vazquez.

35 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Other than Luis Garcia and Carter Kieboom--who do we have? Tim Cate? international kids? I don't think we have the ammo for Vazquez.

Yeah not Vazquez, Pirates won't move him. Gotta aim a bit lower, which I think is fine as long as Doolittle can get/stay healthy. Ideally someone mid-tier who has closer results this year, either a rental or one year remaining on their contract, who can serve as our setup guy and for spot saves to give Doo a night off. 

Re who we'd give up, Garcia and Kieboom are obviously our only top 100 guys but I'm sure there are other members of our farm system that are starting to get recognition but aren't on our radar yet. Just like Dunning and Luzardo weren't on any list when we traded them but they both turned out to be highly touted prospects. So, no clue who we'd end up parting with. But I wouldn't say we have no ammo to get a reliever. 

• Like 1

I feel you, Riggo. I spend 8 hours a day watching my infant daughter while I wait for my student teaching placement to start in August and I have way too much time to lock into Nats stuff. Luckily, it's actually positive stuff these days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Stras just pulled off the immaculate inning, striking out the side on 9 pitches

Don't remember him ever doing that before.

Bob just confirms. JZim had one. Max twice. Now Stras with his first