Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Rain delay. He was probably throwing 

not the worst call in the world, but he really wasn't stressed in any of these innings outside the first. I had more faith in Corbin for the 8th than Suero

Edited by StillUnknown

On 3/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

My guess for Bryce this season:

.255/26 HR/88 RBI....and a 3 week period on the DL after getting into an altercation with the Phanatic....that's not worth the salary, so he will receive boos when they miss the playoffs

My prediction hasn't been too far off....still waiting on that DL stint. It's coming without a doubt

So what bullpen arms should we be looking at for trades? And what are you willing to part with?

Will Smith in san fran, maybe look into bringing back felipe vazquez

They are both lefties tho, rare to have your two top arms in the pen be lefties. They would obviously be massive upgrades over what we have

Edited by StillUnknown

54 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

So what bullpen arms should we be looking at for trades? And what are you willing to part with?

Will Smith in san fran, maybe look into bringing back felipe vazquez

They are both lefties tho, rare to have your two top arms in the pen be lefties. They would obviously be massive upgrades over what we have

My guess is, looking at who we have under contract next year, Rizzo may look to trade more/better prospects to get guys that aren't rentals. Relievers are volatile so I think the sweet spot is finding guys who have 1-2 years left on their deals. Pirates are saying Vazquez isn't going anywhere. Couple guys whose names I've seen tossed around: 

Shane Greene- Tigers - 30 years old, 0.83 WHIP, under contract for 2020 

Will Smith- Giants - 29 years old, 0.81 WHIP, rental 

Edited by skinsfan_1215