Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

I don't follow the Nats like the other DC teams... So hearing Rizzo say his view on the team hasn't changed, and seeing the last couple of posts in this thread, makes me kind of excited to see how the next few weeks will play out.

I mean technically there is still a lot of baseball left to play, but the significant flaws that exist within the team just make it hard for me to think they can make anything out of this season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean technically there is still a lot of baseball left to play, but the significant flaws that exist within the team just make it hard for me to think they can make anything out of this season.

The Dodgers were 16-25 last year and then won 90 games. Baseball is so funky that anything can happen.  The other teams could play .500 the rest of the year and maybe 90 wins isn't needed.  The key is which wins we get.  

• Like 1

Just now, ixcuincle said:

need to win this series against cubs

I came into the Mets series thinking just go 3-3 against them and the Cubs. So we just need to take 1 against the Cubs to accomplish that. Winning the series with Doolittle unavailable today and Hellickson on the mound on Sunday will be tough. Just don't get swept...

The winning can start next week against the Mets and Marlins. 

And then I see what Davey penciled in as his lineup:

Turner-SS

Robles-RF

Rendon-3B

Kendrick-1B

Soto-LF

Suzuki-C

Dozier-2B

Taylor-CF

Scherzer-SP

WTF

You finally have an almost healthy line-up, and you rest Eaton, move Robles to RF and mess him up, and insert strikeout machine MAT in CF??????

I don't know if Eaton's sat yet this season, Popeman.  He was pulled late in a double switch yesterday.  He might just need a day.

Edit: He's started 41 of the Nats' 43 games this season.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1