Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

This teams' best shot was probably 2012. The two blown saves (2012 and 2014) by Storen and managing blunders in each playoff series ripped the soul out of the franchise. They have never gotten over the mental aspect after the playoff failures, like learning and bouncing back stronger.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If the Brewers had scored there, and I was managing a team 6 games under .500, I would be watching the rest of the game from my office while enjoying some cold ones. Cause I woulda lost my ****. Like grenade tossing the rosin bag, building a dirt mound over home plate, and stealing 1st base while yelling loudly about the umpires mother and what I did to her the night before. 

• Haha 1

Davey ****ing Martinez. Sees his player arguing and doesn’t run out to keep him in the game. Instead he slowly stands up and takes a SLOW step towards home plate and waits until AFTER CB Buckner runs Rendon to actually move with any urgency. This ****ing clown...

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Metalhead said:

This teams' best shot was probably 2012. The two blown saves (2012 and 2014) by Storen and managing blunders in each playoff series ripped the soul out of the franchise. They have never gotten over the mental aspect after the playoff failures, like learning and bouncing back stronger.

the best shot were from 2016-17 

they took those teams to 5 games 

and those teams were loaded 

• Like 2

Being reported that we're trying to sign Gerardo Parra, who just opted out of his minor league contract with SF. Still a plus defensive corner OF, offensive #s have taken a dumb this year and declined a bit last year (note, past three years were inflated by Colorado #s). Sub 20% K rate.

My guess is we cut Michael A Taylor if this goes through. 

2012 - team with first playoff run. Maybe they advance if Storen doesn't choke, but that team was not good enough to win it all. 

2014 - team lost to better Giants team. Lost in 4 games too. 

2016 - team lost to better Dodgers team. Lost in 5 games. Team was loaded. Had Scherzer too. Remember, last 2 years 2012 and 14 no Scherzer! 

2017 - team lost to better Cubs team. Cubs team wins WS if I'm not mistaken. 

Therefore is it very clear that 2016 and 2017 were the best teams, especially when both had Scherzer 

Just now, ixcuincle said:

2012 - team with first playoff run. Maybe they advance if Storen doesn't choke, but that team was not good enough to win it all. 

2014 - team lost to better Giants team. Lost in 4 games too. 

2016 - team lost to better Dodgers team. Lost in 5 games. Team was loaded. Had Scherzer too. Remember, last 2 years 2012 and 14 no Scherzer! 

2017 - team lost to better Cubs team. Cubs team wins WS if I'm not mistaken. 

Therefore is it very clear that 2016 and 2017 were the best teams, especially when both had Scherzer 

We should have beaten the Cardinals in 2012. We won 98 games, they were a Wild Card team and didn't even have home field in the WC.

While the Giants did go on to win it all in 2014, again they were a Wild Card team, and we won around 95+ games.

I don't think the Dodgers in 16 were better then us but it was pretty close either way. And the Cubs won it all in 16, not 17, in fact they were pretty meh in 17.

The fact that we didn't win a single playoff series in that six year span is pretty absurd.

• Like 1