Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #Redskins Quotes- Gruden

TK

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Norv Turner says hi.  

He really didn’t leave Norv hanging that long either.  Maybe a few hours and it was in season.  

Everybody KNEW Dan was going to fire Norv, by my memory what took so long is to get somebody to take the interim HC job.  I believe he approaches Pepper Rodgers and what’s his name, the DC at the time (former Eagles and GB HC) who both said no.  Which is how we ended up with Robiski.

Also, that’s 20 years ago.  

When Dan gets in his mind to fire somebody, what I’m saying is he won’t wait until he gets back from the Bahamas to do it.  It would have been decided weeks ago and done either Sunday night or Monday morning.

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He really didn’t leave Norv hanging that long either.  Maybe a few hours and it was in season.  

Everybody KNEW Dan was going to fire Norv, by my memory what took so long is to get somebody to take the interim HC job.  I believe he approaches Pepper Rodgers and what’s his name, the DC at the time (former Eagles and GB HC) who both said no.  Which is how we ended up with Robiski.

Also, that’s 20 years ago.  

When Dan gets in his mind to fire somebody, what I’m saying is he won’t wait until he gets back from the Bahamas to do it.  It would have been decided weeks ago and done either Sunday night or Monday morning.

When you tell your coach who knew his job was in jeopardy to wait for him after the game, then leave him dangling for hours until he finally gave up and went home as Snyder was making plans to replace him with Pepper Rodgers, yeah that's pretty horrible treatment of an employee.  

The only hope I feel here is that it seems plans may have changed.  If plans were originally set for a Monday morning meeting, and everything we heard was that Snyder was going to keep Allen and Gruden, then plans being interupted may be a good thing.  Its grasping at straws, but my hope against hope is that it means Snyder planned all along to retain them both, but the Philly game was an eye opener, and everything they had scheduled for Monday morning didnt happen as Snyder all of the sudden needed time to process it, and rethink the plan.  And THATS why all of the this seems out of the ordinary, because, well, it wasnt planned at all.

Archived