Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough is enough. A fond farewell.

sparkosaurus

4 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Dude, Snyder is never going to sell this team. It’s a nice thought.... but it doesn’t happen like this in the NFL. With the exception of Richardson in Carolina... but that was an extenuating circumstance (sexual misconduct).

Snyder is 10 or so months older than me so I can be assured we will not see a new owner before I am six feet under the ground.

As I mentioned in another thread, I am finished supporting this - to quote @Skinsfan1311 - Dumpster Fire of an organization.

I dont blame you one bit, if we were terrible and had good direction that would be different, but this team is in a perpetual cycle of suckitude and apart from a winning season (9-7 / 10-6) here and there, I just dont see a consistent winner. Players rarely develop here, front office has power struggles with good QBs, coaches are either yes men, or fired basically immediately, we never win trades... I think we have lost nearly every major trade since snyder has been here. So I dont blame you 

5 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Dude, Snyder is never going to sell this team. It’s a nice thought.... but it doesn’t happen like this in the NFL. With the exception of Richardson in Carolina... but that was an extenuating circumstance (sexual misconduct).

Because i constantly have to keep my dark thoughts in check, the first thing that came to mind was the movie Ricochet. I say this because of movies like the fan, it's a sport y'all, i hope nobody does anything stupid over this man.

6 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Maybe we fans needs to collude with some honeypot spy to ensnare Dan.

Actually, I want to first thank whoever started this thread because I have been talking about the skins all day and just needed the right place to vent.

First, I just want to say I am not leaving...I can't...My fandom started around this time 36 years ago on Dec 26th..when my father ask his 10 yr old son did he want an extra Christmas present to see the Redskins play the Saints in the Superdome (we are from New Orleans...now living in LA) I remember pointing out the players and seeing Charlie Brown score a big TD..we won 27-10 and the next month won our first Superbowl.  If my father leaves this earth before me that is the story of that day I will tell and a memory I will never forget.

Heck we are at the point that we do a road game pretty much every year.  I took him to our first Redskins home game in 1999.  I have met Joe Gibbs got an autographed copy of his book and when I met him just happen to be wearing my work badge hanging from a Redskins lanyard..I went to my first Redskins home playoff game in 2015 and every time I am in DC I go to Theismann's Restaurant hoping that the QB that I grew up with will walk in so I can get a picture with him.....so yeah I am hooked.

Yes this is hard...harder than many of the low lights in our more recent history, including RG3 getting hurt in the playoff game when I thought we were turning the corner, etc.  Because now more than most years I feel we are completely in a hopeless situation.  The situation with Alex...is horrible, the Ruben Foster signing, the Mark Sanchez signing when we still had a legit shot to make the playoffs...it sucks.  Honestly I don't see a way forward because Dan is THICK headed and he keeps doing the same thing over and over.  Both times the ship looked like it was starting to turn with Marty and Scot...he fires them in favor of yes man Bruce and earlier Vinny.  We all want him to fire Bruce and or sell the team.  I was partially in favor of keeping Bruce because I think he is the only thing keeping Dan from going completely scorched earth....but it's not working...so yeah Bruce needs to go, but who will work with Dan?  Then our other thing for him to just sell the team.....great but there is one problem there....the name issue.  Yes the name issue is dead by the Supreme Court standing, but not in public opinion....anyone that buys the team provided Dan sells it will change the name if nothing else for good will with a new start....for most people on this board who have the skins DNA in us  we wouldnt' like that.  I mean yeah we get rid of Bruce and Dan, but we lose our team, tradition and everything else that made us faithful members of Redskins Nation.  So much as it sucks I'm staying around, but a change of the name or something like that I would probably not watch football anymore...because the team I grew up with and the only team I can passionately cheer for (except for any team playing against Dallas...lol) would no longer exist....that is probably the only thing where I would be completely done....some may think that's small minded on my part...but that's how I feet....HTTR

I had thought we had turned the corner personnel wise, I liked our last couple of drafts and thought Jay's presence was starting to pay off, yes I thought we made a few picks that didn't make sense, Nicholson and Apke, speed guy's with no real football instincts for the safety position, 1 who couldn't stay on the field in college, but no one is perfect, and considering the rest of those drafts I thought for the 1st time in the Snyder era/error we finally get it draft wise, we even evaluated Cousins properly, unfortunately a year too late, as Cousins would have brought back a lot of draft picks a year earlier, but as usual...we take a hot valuable commodity, and turn it into "NOTHING!" We then double down on that mistake by trading for a QB that was going to be released by a team that runs the most QB friendly offense in the NFL; KC's A. Smith...and we found out that Smith is exactly what we thought he was; a check down Charlie QB, who for every 1 nice pass thrown, backs it up with 2 passes that will make you scratch your head....a 94,000,000 million dollar head scratch!!! Yes we all held out hope, yes we all convinced ourselves that some how Smith, would be more than what we thought, but much like Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Donavan McNabb, we saw what we all knew.....another overpaid BUST!!!! 

Some how KC; was able to pry a 3rd rd pick and the top slot CB in the NFL out of us, for a QB we all knew was going to be released, only to get nothing for a QB half a dozen teams kept calling about just a season earlier!!! The inability to identify talent has, and still is the reason why the Skins lose!!!

Nice thread..alot of good points..both veryoldschool and I talked last year about quitting this team if Kirk wasn't locked down....I think that's about how the convo went lol.. but here I am..still.. literally fighting like teen age school girls on social media for a team that does what?...**** me over..that's all..I like the ops comment about see you at soldier Field...my.wife is from Chicago so I already have connects there and I've always dreamed about watching a game there..the bears are fun to follow.. such loyal fans.

Thanks alot Dan ****ing snyder!!

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I dont blame you one bit, if we were terrible and had good direction that would be different, but this team is in a perpetual cycle of suckitude and apart from a winning season (9-7 / 10-6) here and there, I just dont see a consistent winner. Players rarely develop here, front office has power struggles with good QBs, coaches are either yes men, or fired basically immediately, we never win trades... I think we have lost nearly every major trade since snyder has been here. So I dont blame you 

Did we trade for Moss..I think we did, L Cole?..I like Moss..but I get ur point

11 hours ago, Die Hard said:

How about that for sexual misconduct ?, behind Shanny it says a good idea, it's a sign ! :silly:

6CZtS.jpg

Cool story bro. Don’t need you.

Weve all endured the same, actually no we haven’t. 

You at least saw the glory years. If this team ever actually takes its head out of its own ass and becomes a winner again I pray you stay far far away. These posts are so dumb. Good luck with your new team and good riddance.

If jumping ship makes the OP happy, great for him. I've been a fan for 46 of my 52 years and I'll NEVER bail on the Skins. It's like someone said in an above post that the Skins are like family and that's exactly how I feel. Not only would I never walk away, but to walk away and actually take on a new team is unfathomable.

Good luck with your new team in the Bears bro- who by the way haven't won anything in longer than us- and although their future looks bright, one good year in the NFL means nothing when it comes to guaranteeing that that team is going to be a force in the seasons to come. The people in Chicago probably don't have much respect for a guy that bails on his team of 40 years because they've disappointed him for the past 25 years. After all, this is the city that is home to the Cubs, who were a disaster for over 100 years before they righted the ship.

Is it April fools?

I'll never leave.  I'm 44.  I am also a Toronto Maple Leaf fan.  I was not born the last time they won a cup.

I'm dedicated to both teams only for the fact that so much disappointment year in and year out, gets recharged during the "off-season". 

I am here on earth to feel, experience and never let the euphoria go, of winning a Cup with the Leafs and another Championship with the Redskins.  Sucker for punishment?  Just wait til said euphoria hits - I'll remember you!

It's a long story how I became a Redskins fan with me growing up initially in NJ not too far away from the Meadow lands.  I also grew up a Yankees fan and it may sound crazy now but they were a lousy team in the 80s through early 90s with a lousy owner.  Then they started getting good and I enjoyed the transformation going through all those hard years.

I don't think the FO has things figured out or they are on the right path.  I agree that college scouting has vastly improved and that's a key start.  But they IMO struggle with pro personnel and can't get out of their own way with dysfunction.  I am hoping just like the Yankees did, they'd luck into success.  And I get there are major differences between baseball and football and the analogies of those two teams but the concept to me applies here.

To each their own but for me my fandom is way too rooted in memories and the past to just do a 180 and start with another team fresh.   Also, I'd feel like I'd be letting Dan-Bruce rob me some of my childhood.  So I've never been even a little temped to switch teams nor do I think I could even if I tried.  But like I said to each their own. 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh I dunno Burgold, I think you like to pea**** a little bit :806:

Yeah, but only about good stuff. :ols:

By the way, did I tell you yet that I'm going to be appearing in two anthologies in 2019. I just got word that I'm going to be the lead story in one of them.

Don't really like quitting.

Do I like what the **** they are doing? Not even close.

But quitting would be giving up on something, and I just hate that. I want to be around to cheer up when Bruce will be jettisonned, and who knows if Dan won't sell at some time if it becomes too much of a problem for him. At some point, with attendance decreasing, marketing dropping off, it'll fires back at him and he won't have much choice other than selling its toy. Because that's what everything will lead too...

So OK, I'm going through all this ****, and that is tough at times. But I'm not the kind of guy that'll quit. That would be losing, and I just can't stand that...

Welcome to the club. While I wasn't a fan as long, the vast majority of my life was spent supporting this team through its "2nd Dark Age" (I was born about 5 months before the start of the '91 season). I've aired my grievances with this organization (and why I continue engaging with this community) before and won't rehash it. But you aren't alone and what's more, unless things totally change at root level (that includes ownership), the team will have multiple lost generations on its hands and they will only have themselves to blame.

This organization is garbage

the owner is incompetent and arrogant, which means he’ll never realize it needs to be fixed yet alone be capable of fixing it

the best thing for this organization is for an empty stadium and a tv ratings nose dive. Snyder needs to be driven out of business either financially or by the league office forcing him out. 

Im so apathetic to the entire situation that I’m not even mad. 

The only thing I’m mad about is how long it took me to realize it all. The number of times I allowed myself to be duped. I usually am good at judging people’s competence and I dropped the ball big time here. 

It turned for me when they fired mccloughan. Everything since then has been expected for me. At 6-2 I was calling this team trash and many fans, here and in real life, were attacking that idea. But they were all wrong because they focused on a meaningless mid season record. They lost sight of the big picture that when you’re run by buffoons that create toxic culture you will ultimately wind up where we are. Every time. It doesn’t matter how. In those circumstances all roads lead to the same place. It’s inevitable. 

I know people don't like the term "true fan" but I don't think one can just switch teams.  That said, I can definitely see paying less and less attention to your team and spending money on it.  I already stopped watching as many/as much of the games.  They are still my team.  But that doesn't make them worth all my time.

As for a "side team" or whatever you want to call it, I have the Ravens as mine.  I followed them since they came to town.  I watch them if the Redskins aren't on (and even if the Skins are on lately) and root for them to win as long as it doesn't affect the Skins.  I follow them because they are my "other" home town team.  They aren't my primary team because they weren't around when I grew up.  Similar to baseball where I am an Orioles fan but follow the Nats.  Nats weren't a team growing up.  I don't get people just switching teams though.  Many of my in-laws live in Baltimore and are huge Ravens fan.  But they were fans of other teams before the Ravens came to town.  Then they just switched.  I don't get it.

I also believe that for the most part, you should stick with the team you grew up on and it should be your hometown team.  But I don't really judge others for not following that mindset.  That is just me.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't get people just switching teams though.

I don’t either. My disgust with the redskins has essentially ended my interest in the NFL

i lost interest a few years ago when they started punishing players for off the field stuff to “protect the shield”.  I knew that was a road to where we are - inconsistent nonsense and complete bull**** and only reacting to pr backlash (Rice hitting his fiancé wasn’t enough. They needed video. Because league execs couldn’t mentally picture a pro athlete knocking out a woman and dragging her to be outraged, they had to see it. Bull****. ) plus the whole rigging it for offense and such. 

So i wont be picking up a new team. I’ll just allocate my sports watching time to the caps and nats (and wizards :( ) moreso than I already do. 

And those 3 hours on Sunday will go back to family. 

And the 5k I spent a year in tickets will go to lots of other things. Like golfing and other hobbies. 

**** this organization until that cancerous piece of trash at the top is gone. 

17 hours ago, Redalertpt2 said:

Nope, Nope can't do it. More so I'll just cancel my Direct T.V NFL package I purchase every year since I live in Houston. I already canceled the Direct TV Mid Atlantic sports channel since the Wizards stink also. It's like the Owners of D.C sports teams are just sucking the $$$$ out of fans and the GM's are laughing at how the area constantly thinks something will change. The Caps owner IMO got lucky with the Capitols wasn't anything he did that was really instrumental to help them win the Cup. Ovechkin just wanted it more and with leaders like that on you're team players will follow.

Yes, Ted/the Caps got lucky with Ovechkin, and he's always had this achilles heel of being too slow to make changes (GMGM lasting as long as he did, although in fairness to Ted, he would do just enough to not get fired, it was only when the bar was raised about as high as it could did he finally let go of him ).   However  I don't think winning the Cup this year was all about Ovechkin "wanting it more" than previous years.  He's wanted it for the last decade or so, but the other players didn't show up.   I think they just happened to find the right mix of players and coaching to finally get over the hump.   And some credit has to go to Ted for hiring GMBM and Trotz.  

In addition, Ovechkin didn't have to resign here, and Ted didn't have to offer than 10 year contract either.  A less competent/cheaper owner might not have been able to resign Ovechkin. 

Archived