Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ate dinner next to Paul Woody

Awesome

Last night I went out to eat at a place called The Tavern in Richmond. After a few minutes, I noticed the guy sitting at the next table was none other than Times-Dispatch and Sporting News Redskins beat reporter Paul Woody. He was eating with who I assumed was his teenage son.

For the 30 minutes they were there, I fought the urge to yell "Hey, Woody!. You going to the gaaame!?" But I didn't, remaining civil.

I came away with the distinct impression that Mr. Woody is not a particularly happy man. Throughout their dinner, he and his son did not exchange a single word, not one. Now, maybe his son had just gotten back a bad report card, or had recently been busted for hitting up the old man's liquor cabinet, or maybe they share the closests of relationships and are content to sit in silence while in each other's presence. Who knows. But I thought it was weird.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

I rarely talk while eating either.

I think it's just a guy thing. Girls seem to jabber on and on. That's why it takes them an hour to finish a salad.

I ain't talking about jabbering on...I'm talking about speaking one... single... word to each other.

Not even a 'pass the ketchup' or 'ok, are you ready to go?'

Not one word. I'm telling you, it was unusual.

I've actually called up Woody on the phone ... and he's a pretty cool dude to talk to. He would be considered to me, one of the best all-time sources to get info on the Redskins ... and I wouldn't have ANY trouble at all approaching him if I were in the Richmond area. Hell ... I'd ask him if I could just be his assistant for maybe half of his pay. :D:)

Archived